It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblowers: IRS officials behind ‘fraudulent’ multi-billion dollar corporate tax giveaways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

10-year veteran Internal Revenue Service (IRS) attorney has demanded a Congressional audit of the IRS to investigate the agency’s alleged role in allowing American corporations to illegally avoid paying billions of dollars in taxes at the same time the agency is cracking down on individuals and small businesses.

In a letter to Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, IRS commissioner John A. Koskinen, and IRS chief counsel William Wilkins, Jane J. Kim, an attorney in the IRS Office of the Chief Counsel in New York, accused IRS executives of “deliberately” facilitating multi-billion dollar tax giveaways. The letter, dated October 19, will add further pressure on the agency, which is under fire for allegedly targeting conservative and Tea Party groups.

Kim, who has previously blown the whistle on “gross waste of government resources” in the IRS New York field offices, wrote in her new letter that senior IRS officials have “intentionally undermined the authority of the IRS Whistleblower Office” to avoid taking action “in cases involving billions in corporate taxes due.” The IRS also refuses to enforce laws for “large corporate taxpayers,” resulting in giveaways of further billions, despite applying the same laws with “draconian strictness to small business, the self-employed, and wage-earning individuals.”

The Rest

This just burns me up. We are truly a country run by organized crime. I just have no words

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I miss the Mafia at times like this..At least they played them at their own game.

Corporations are running the places left right and center nowadays getting away with anything they like

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

A 10% flat tax would resolve this 15 years ago...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
These people in high places are sure bought easily. Big businesses have to pay the taxes that they owe. I can't comprehend the reasoning of these giveaways, other than corruption in the government.

I bet almost all the cops and military personnel pay all taxes they owe. Sure, there are legit tax deductions in the tax codes but these appear not to be legit.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Aaaannndddd, it will be tied up in courts for decades, if the judge it's assigned to isn't outright bought off or threatened, blackmailed, suicided or 'has a small plane accident.

The truth of the matter is, once you have a critical mass of money, your power is unlimited. You can hire high-powered lawyers to do your bidding even if you're the devil incarnate, and militarily-trained goons to protect your sorry ass and kill off any adversaries, whistle-blowers, etc.

Take money out of the equation (do your part immediately by refusing to pay interest on ANYTHING) and an awful lot of the evil humans are capable of goes by the wayside.

What if you KNEW that almost 100% of your representatives, judges, presidents and congresscritters, globally, after having been spied on for lo these past decades, were being blackmailed or threatened? What if they were all unaware that everyone else was being blackmailed too, and thought it was only them? Or were afraid to come forward for fear of instantaneous retribution?

Because that's exactly what I think is going on.

This is NOT a situation that will ever be cured by the courts.

new topics

top topics

join