It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current UFO activity over the UK....anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi,

Anyone know of any current UFO activity going on over the UK? any strange occurrences? Lights etc.

Thanks.
Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Nothing funny going on in Birmingham recently I can report. Saw a cloud that bore some semblence to those that have been supposedly seeded/created then interfered with by the HAARP array in Alaska about two weeks ago but that was about it. It's pretty quiet round these parts anyway UFO-wise.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I cant say i iv seen anything of note recently, earlier in the summer i could spot activity practically every night. Wasnt spectacular sightings like the bright lights that whizz from nowhere, more like a star that drifted across the sky and by the time it left the horizon could sometimes change direction by 90degrees (usually takes around about 1min for them to enter and then leave horizon). But since then i havnt spotted anything.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Got a bit of a conspiracy going on for quite a while now and I was gonna make a seperate topic for it but here it goes anyways. Recently in London they have introduced these huge strobe lights on oxford street in rows of three that change colours and move extremely fast. They can practically be seen in the sky from anywhere in London. However, I thought this was extremely weird as they council has never decided to do this before on Oxford Street in the run up to Christmas, so a couple of nights waiting for the bus I looked up at the sky to see three extremely bright spherical objects sitting in place above the clouds absolutely still with no light beams attaching them to their positions. It's far fetched as most of you will probably reckon but I think these lights are there to distract from something else, they just seem so oddly placed and are an obvious irritant to offices nearby. I'm pretty sure they were put in place by Wesminster council as they have no corporate insignia, they're just black boxes holding the lights in place over archways on Oxford Street.

For those of you who don't know about Oxford Street in London, it's basically the biggest/busiest shopping street in London.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by owner
Got a bit of a conspiracy going on for quite a while now and I was gonna make a seperate topic for it but here it goes anyways. Recently in London they have introduced these huge strobe lights on oxford street in rows of three that change colours and move extremely fast. They can practically be seen in the sky from anywhere in London. However, I thought this was extremely weird as they council has never decided to do this before on Oxford Street in the run up to Christmas, so a couple of nights waiting for the bus I looked up at the sky to see three extremely bright spherical objects sitting in place above the clouds absolutely still with no light beams attaching them to their positions. It's far fetched as most of you will probably reckon but I think these lights are there to distract from something else, they just seem so oddly placed and are an obvious irritant to offices nearby. I'm pretty sure they were put in place by Wesminster council as they have no corporate insignia, they're just black boxes holding the lights in place over archways on Oxford Street.

For those of you who don't know about Oxford Street in London, it's basically the biggest/busiest shopping street in London.

You sure this is the first time they've put christmas lights on oxford street? I could of sworn they had some last year when i went up there, however maybe they were just non-light decorations. So are these lights there every night, or just on one particular night in question. Do they absoultely appear to be spheres just above the cloud, not just bright stars?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

You sure this is the first time they've put christmas lights on oxford street? I could of sworn they had some last year when i went up there, however maybe they were just non-light decorations. So are these lights there every night, or just on one particular night in question. Do they absoultely appear to be spheres just above the cloud, not just bright stars?

Just to clarify when I say "lights" I mean huge hollywood style movie premier light beams and I'm pretty sure they've never been put there before, they are there every night without exception. The bright lights I saw are the cause for my conspiracy because they were quite large cylindrical objects, no way they could have been stars.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Just to clarify when I say "lights" I mean huge hollywood style movie premier light beams and I'm pretty sure they've never been put there before, they are there every night without exception. The bright lights I saw are the cause for my conspiracy because they were quite large cylindrical objects, no way they could have been stars.

Wow, now that is interesting, you mean light beams aka batman spotlight sytle? If their up there everynight, im almost inclined to go up there myself and see, although it is a bit of a trek. I assume your suggesting these flash lights are there to distract people from looking upwards and seeing these spheres/craft? Definately interesting activity. Maybe some of our fellow london-based ATSers could check it out one evening to, i know i would if i was close.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yep I have also seen these flashlights... as I live near their aswell.

Djdohboy and myself have often spotted some odd stuff in the sky.

One being a small light like a star going real fast then changing direction.

Though I�m not clued up on this kind of thing but I think I will keep more of an eye out and let you know if I see anything,

Ill also get DJ to post as he would be able to explain better what we saw,

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yes I've seen what appear to be satellites travelling across the sky, then double back on themselves at a 45degree angle, and then double back again to the direction they were taking.

Not the action of a satellite - very strange! - any ideas anyone??

I've discounted any form of terrestrial space vehicle (i.e. the shuttle) cos the light manouvers quickly and smoothly, if it was the shuttle it would'nt alter course abruptbly.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hmm ok this seems kinda odd then as many of us UK members have seem something simular,

We need to keep up on this and see if we can find out what this may be,

Its hard to get a pic of it as its so small and moves so quick,

Keep updated all who see something,

ITs the fact that this Object changes direction so quickly thats making me wonder,

So if any one has ideas on any craft that can do this please let us know

DrC

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
spacemunkey, how fast and how many times did it zig?
constant light?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well it was a dot of light, exactly like a satellite (if you have ever seen one) travelling in a straight line, at the speed of a satellite would as well. Like I say it reversed its course at a 45 degree angle for approx 2 seconds, then changed its course again to its original direction.

Think of the capital letter N and that gives you the description of the way the light travelled.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah spacemunkey, iv seen exactly the same thing, infact both I and a friend have observed this on numerous occassions, however just recently i havnt spotted one. During the summer i could find them basically every night.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've never seen a satellite (that i know of) but what you described sounds to me like whatever it was was mapping or scanning the ground...

I'm in the UK too, but havent seen anything strange in the sky
Maybe I'm too far north?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've seen a similar thing in daylight! A small point of bright light holding station in the sky for several minutes, while clouds passed between it and the ground. Then, it just moved away, looking like a satellite would.
Incidentally, has anyone else encountered "fake stars"? On two occasions, I have been watching the night sky (I have a little knowledge of astronomy) and have seen a star that shouldn't be where it is - in one instance an extra star in the tail of Ursa Major - which remains stationary for a short time, then slowly fades from sight

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
2 Links of great intrest for ya.

www.rense.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i have seen something not long ago i think i posted a topic about it but it failed to post so i will redo it here. I was sitting in the living room with around 6 family members and all of a sudden we heard a very loud noise. At first i thought it was a low helicopter so we went to look outside and all of a sudden we saw a triangle shape object that was like bright orange and it must of been hovering for about 7 seconds. Then it suddenly went silent and flew off at a high speed, my mom said it was probaly a stealth bomber but didnt seem like no stealth bomber to me. There has been many sightings near me in the past year esspecialy in a place called Cannock and they have all been similar to mine. Im not a firm beliver in UFO'S because i think if there existence was proven then God might not exist thats just my opinion but i dont have a clue what that was what i saw that night.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Dieu et mon droit]

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Dieu et mon droit]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The craft that asala and I saw at sea level was so high in the sky that a 747 flew at near cruisng height underneath it and the "object" was a bout twice the hight further up. It had a fast liniar movement, like a shooting star, then changed direction, almost on it's axis, and continused on again, this happend about 2 more times before it shout out of sight, It was quite amazing to see!

I have also seen these moving spots of light (like the spot's used at movie premiers etc) except the direction that they were coming from was in the direction of forrest!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I once saw a UFO outside my window when I was a little kid, must have been 6 or so, it was big, roundish/ovaly, white with a red strip with lights round it, hovered fora while over the area, then went off fast.

I also sometime watch out the window at night in the sky, I've seen a few things. One was a light going across in the distance, watched it for a while, seemed to travel like a plane, then it stopped and plummeted down FAST. I mean it jsut stopped traveling and went down, my mum has see nthis one alot too, she has her curtains open at night.

Things changing directions happens a fair bit (Not alot, but fairly regularly, like you'll see at least once a week if oyu watch alot) in the night sky when you look. I think there's more going on up there than we know about.

I thing alot of stuff people see, as in jsut raveling, I've seen it alot, if you see something go along and disapeer, it could be small piece of crud, space junk, small meteorites, etc, burning up in the atmosphere. If you watch the sky one night, you'll see what I mean. I saw four/five of these on the night of the recent ecplipse. It was pretty cool actually, I took a bunch of digicam photo's, and you qouldn't beleive the stuff that thing picks up your eye doesn't! I mean alot of stuff. Get one any space watchers out there! Beutiful pics.

As for stationary bright lights, I've seen the ISS, it could be this. It was damned bright, appeared in day, and was there through the night. Damn, if only I could go on that. Aaah, I can but dream.

new topics

top topics

join