It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about kundalini.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Have you read Sir John Woodroffe (Arthur Avalon)'s book The Serpent Power?
If not, I highly recommend it, even if you just flip through some parts. It also describes how it can go wrong and gives you all the appropriate mantras, seeds, syllables, Hindu Siva/Shakti mythology behind Kundalini work. How you can calm down if it goes astray etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Kundalini changed my whole life. The onset was very turbulent, and rather than intense ups and downs, I went from a terrible transformative depression straight to the unbelievable joy of the universe like a switch was flipped in my mind. I had fantastic powerful energy and wanted to go through life doing ninja kicks off of the rafters.

I danced until I completely wore my family out every night for about three months. I could not sleep and did not seem to need to during that time. I began to find my sleep again through whiskey, and negative or not my body seemed to burn it off like vapors. I am very lucky not to have been drug tested at work, such was the change in me.

I had for most of my life a very carefully cultivated "Don't f*** with me persona that simply evaporated, and suddenly I had random people coming up and talking with me, and in general just wanting to bask in the positive aura surrounding me, and it was very odd for a big scary looking guy like me. I could not contain my grin, and took great delight in the positive changes around me.

I wrote a book and got it published, and had offers to teach meditation to others. I did not feel like I was in the right place to guide others as of yet though, so I deferred that until I was. It took me months to finally regain my new center and get on top of this to where I could act like a normal person and not be smiling inappropriately from time to time.

I channeled my newfound energy into music and picked up my old dusty guitar and have not stopped playing it since. The energy has to be channeled into something. For a lot of people this is a temporary euphoria, but for me it seems I was lit up like a Christmas tree, and now it is maybe 5 yrs later and I am still on top of it and thriving. I still sometimes drink to excess to knock it back to a level that I can rest with but most of the time I just ride on top of it and enjoy life.

People are drawn to me, and I share the positive energy freely. My wife got lots of backrubs as it seems to help reduce the intensity to share it with others through contact (Laying on of hands maybe?)

It is an interesting thing, and if I had not been practicing Kundalini meditation for a couple of years I would have driven myself straight to the nearest psych ward. The sensation of it climbing up my spine and piercing each chakra was undeniable and very odd and tangible. I was very pleasantly rewarded as I thought this experience was reserved for Tibetan yogis and folks that spend their lives in a monastery somewhere.

Very amazing that it is there for anyone who seeks it. I always advise caution and small steps as I truly believe people can get Chi Psychosis if they are not ready to channel this kind of energy. I was nearly psychotic myself when it happened. Anyone who is seeking along this path needs to look up chi psychosis as well.

edit on 2-11-2014 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join