It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Possible Dallas patient transferred to Presybyterian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
CBS journalist: "#Breaking patient @ Baylor Med Ctr in Dallas screened(NOT TESTED) positive for #Ebola transferred to Presbyterian. Symptoms/contacts concern"

mobile.twitter.com...

Anyone in Tx getting this locally? Apparently they quarantined them at Presby after symptoms appeared at different medical center. Tweets suggest they either had contact with Duncan or traveled from West Africa recently.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

link

DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Friday morning Baylor Hospital in Dallas confirmed a patient with ‘ebola similar symptoms’ also triggered a positive on a verbal screening questionnaire.

Although a positive blood test has not been confirmed, sources says it’s not unusual to have a patient screen positive considering the wider net for ebola now over Dallas. A positive screening means the patient met some of the criteria to cause concern.

Nothing on where they were from, just that criteria was met on a questionnaire.
edit on 17-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Jaded beat me to it.

edit on 10/17/2014 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Baylor Scott & White Health has not received any confirmed cases of Ebola. A patient presented at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas Thursday evening reporting Ebola symptoms and indicated contact with someone with the disease. The patient was transferred within hours to Texas Health Presbyterian as directed by the Dallas County Health Department. Upon arrival to Baylor University Medical Center, the patient entered the hospital through a private entrance. That entrance was then closed, and the patient was immediately isolated. While again, there is no confirmation this patient is infected with Ebola, we are following all CDC disease-containment guidelines.

Baylor released a statement.
CBS-DFW
edit on bu312014-10-17T15:15:22-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 17 Oct 2014 15:15:22 -05003u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa

Jaded beat me to it.

What else is new

a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks!

Bets, anyone? Another healthcare worker? False alarm?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
????
oops Butcher beat me to it.
edit on 17-10-2014 by IRNTRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had to look at that twice, lol. I think the phrase "screened positive" will give a lot of people a start. After all, a positive TB screening means you have it. (just an example.)

originally posted by: Neysa

Jaded beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

But the same article say Presbyterian didn't get a transfer.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IRNTRL

Maybe the patient never arrived. As in intercepted.
edit on b000000312014-10-17T15:49:01-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 17 Oct 2014 15:49:01 -0500300000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Now we've got two hospitals saying potentially conflicting things. Love it. I'm going #teambaylor in this one as we've seen how honest and competent the administrative staff at Presbyterian has been so far.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Two hospitals in the same article.
Jees-o-pete!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So THP did get a transfer but let him leave because he wanted to go home...

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said in a statement Friday night that they had released a patient who was “reporting Ebola symptoms,” but was “low risk” and “wanted to leave the hospital.”

“Thursday evening, a patient reporting Ebola symptoms was transferred from Baylor University Medical Center to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas,” the hospital said in a statement. “The patient was placed in isolation at Texas Health Dallas and evaluated with all appropriate precautions.”

Texas Hospital Releases ‘Low-Risk’ Patient ‘Reporting Ebola Symptoms’ Because Person ‘Wanted to Leave the Hospital’
edit on 17-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: fix link

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Oh god, I hope this isn't something we hear about in a couple days.

Denied the transfer happened? Exposed them to the quarantine ward and let them go? Sounds like another home run by Presby.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I know! It's appalling.

What is going on in that hospital! Who is running the show over there? It's been one mistake after the other.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The article says to isolation so most likely they were in a room by themselves, not necessarily the "quarantine" area. Though i have to wonder if they learned ANYTHING from Mr Duncan. Even if someone was low risk i would think a "better safe than sorry" blood test should have been done since "low risk" certainly doesnt mean NO risk.

That said, if a patient refuses treatment... technically i dont think there is much the hospital CAN do, is there? thats kind of a grey area... that maybe should be addressed.

I suppose the could involve law enforcement if they felt the patient was a public health concern, but without a blood test there really is no way to know. Its kind of creepy to think that those executive orders put in place not too long ago deal with this very situation......

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Weren't the two nurses in the "low risk" category too?

My headache is coming back...

Has anyone see mention of where this person is from that checked the appropriate box this time that caused the alert in the first place?

I haven't been able to locate that bit of info...

edit on 18-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

ID 10 T error

edit on 18-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join