It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A few days ago I asked a question concerning issues I had with my Mac. I appreciate all who replied. It got me to thinking about similar problems I had even before I had a Mac. I've been hearing and reading lately about others having problems with slow internet service. I've been using one of the large wireless providers for a few years whose name starts with a V. Thinking back, it seems that about a year or so after I get a new internet device from V I start having problems. When I contact V about my problems I'm told, "Oh, you're due for an "update." So, I go in, get a new internet device and sign A NEW 2 YEAR CONTRACT. Suddenly, my internet problems are solved! Am I just over thinking this or does this sound familiar to you? Is this just what they do to keep people under contract? I'm not tech savvy enough to know any better.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oudoceus

I don't know the answer to your question, but I swear that every time Apple makes updates for its devices, all of a sudden for no reason my devices suddenly start working less smoothly (more glitchy) until I do the stupid update and then they magically work right again.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oudoceus

Sounds to me like they gave you a new modem?

If that's the case, odds are that the technology built into the old one couldn't handle improvements to their network - which does happen ( I deal with this myself on occasion ). This will produce intermittent connectivity, or poor latency in most cases. A replacement of the device is the fix.

I'm not particularly sure that the signing of the contract has any relationship to the correction of your problem. Odds are that their infrastructure has simply improved and your year old hardware got bumped off the map with it.

join