It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modafinil, never sleep again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Anybody know about 'Modafinil'. I've been reading that it's a new narcolepsy medicine that will keep you awake for days. After 40 hours without sleep, test subjects performed just as well on math tests as people who slept. Could this substitute for sleep?

www.modafinil.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm sure it has its uses but it would sure scare me

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
One cannot substitute sleep.

Here is a warning from the drug safety:

One healthy male volunteer developed ideas of reference, paranoid delusions, and auditory hallucinations in association with multiple daily 600 mg doses of PROVIGIL and sleep deprivation. There was no evidence of psychosis 36 hours after drug discontinuation. Caution should be exercised when PROVIGIL is given to patients with a history of psychosis.

This is likely to have been under reported, as the use of stimulants leads to anxiety, nervousness, and in some causes psychotic episodes of paranoid delusions.

I would recommend caution for anyone attempting to deal with " sleep" by taking medications.

Remember, this should only be used in narcalepsy.

Often, sleep diffuculties arise from various causes, even due to medications.

The article forgets to list the negative effects of this drug.

My own experience with the drug has lead to extreme case of delusions and paranoia.

I think people on this website especially should stay away from this as many are already paranoid.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by psilocin]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the brain needs sleep, no medication can do everything sleep can..

new topics

top topics

join