It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: “Stop & Frisk” Turns In To “Stop & Rob” Cop Caught On Camera Stealing $1,300 From Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A member of NYPD gang is under investigation for stealing over a grand from a man then pepper spraying him and his girlfriend in the face when he tells the thug to give him his money back.

So this is our police, every single day its something new, and Im sure this cop wont face any consequences even though the theft is caught on video.

People always say there are still good cops out there and Im sure there are but I honestly think the majority of them are just thugs with a badge.

I mean look how many times the cops that are not doing the actual abuse or theft or shooting are just standing around watching and letting it happen.

Not only should this cop be arrested but every single cop that was on the scene and witnessed it should be arrested as well.

Brooklyn, NY — The District Attorney’s office of Brooklyn is investigating allegations that an NYPD officer stole more than $1,000 from an innocent man and then pepper sprayed him and his sister after they voiced their concern about being robbed.

You can rest assured that if a video of this incident didn’t exist, neither would the investigation. Luckily this theft was caught on camera.

The encounter started as Lamard Joye, the victim, and his sister Lateefah Joye, were asking cops, who were roughing up a young man named Terrell Haskins, “Is that necessary?”

link

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

First, being as the victim is black, well the cops figure it's drug related--go figure

Second, the first part of the video was not recorded/shown so we don't know what led up to that point

But yeah, basically if cops find more than $50 on a person, they think it's from 'illegal activity' and help themselves to it, er I mean confiscate it for evidence *cough-cough*

Sadly with the public being so dependent on electronic money --credit/debit cards-- when someone does pay with cash, like us for instance, people act weird anymore if it';s a large amount

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Around 10 years ago, a couple of guys I knew (this is what they told me happened) went down to Las Vegas to party and hit a parked car while drunk driving and immediately took off from the scene in their car, making it a hit and run. They got pulled over shortly afterwards and the cops (I guess there were 2 of them) discovered 2 pounds of [a certain smokable herb] in the trunk.

They arrested them both and took them to jail and charged the driver with DUI and hit and run and im not sure what the passenger was charged with, maybe drunkenness in public, but the [a certain smokable herb] magically disappeared and was never mentioned.

2 details of importance here. First, Nevada has very strict laws about [a certain smokable herb], which is strange to me since Las Vegas, "Entertainment Capitol of the World" and major party town, as well as Reno, are located there, but anyway my friends were not complaining one bit that the cops took the [a certain smokable herb] for themselves because that would be a felony in vegas and I believe it has a max sentence of life in prison for the amount they had.

Second, High quality [a certain smokable herb] is more expensive in Vegas, most of what they get is the crap from Mexico that when you buy it about 50% of the weight is seeds and stems. The high quality Pac NW [a certain smokable herb] my friends brought down for their family as a gift sells for a higher amount down there so it kind of makes even more sense to me why those cops would want it. They basically just each made a quick 3 thousand dollars or more. Or kept as a gift for their wife, brother etc who can smoke it... whatever.
edit on 10/14/2014 by 3n19m470 because: [a certain smokable herb]

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

one of these days one of these thugs will catch himself some ebola and will well deserve it

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
FYI to all. This is neither new nor rare and actually one of the least exceptional cases I've seen. He's black in an obviously not so great part of NYC. At least there's a chance it's legitimately dirty money

If you wanna educate yourselves on this entirely legal process just look up Civil Forfeiture. Essentially money, objects and property can be found guilty until proven innocent despite being inanimate. Kind of like how corporations are legally considered people.

Best way to get it summed up quickly is to watch this 15 minute clip on the topic. John Oliver is just amazing on his HBO show. I'd recommend watching all his material.

If someone wants to embed this go ahead. I'm not tech savvy at all.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yep Civil Forfeiture, aka legal robbery.

Not sure why people think this is new. It has been going on for awhile now an no one but the people who are affected by it really make much noise.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
FYI to all. This is neither new nor rare and actually one of the least exceptional cases I've seen. He's black in an obviously not so great part of NYC. At least there's a chance it's legitimately dirty money

If you wanna educate yourselves on this entirely legal process just look up Civil Forfeiture. Essentially money, objects and property can be found guilty until proven innocent despite being inanimate. Kind of like how corporations are legally considered people.

Best way to get it summed up quickly is to watch this 15 minute clip on the topic. John Oliver is just amazing on his HBO show. I'd recommend watching all his material.

If someone wants to embed this go ahead. I'm not tech savvy at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azdraik
Yep Civil Forfeiture, aka legal robbery.

Not sure why people think this is new. It has been going on for awhile now an no one but the people who are affected by it really make much noise.

This really makes me laugh. THIS law enforcement officer should be policing the area not enforcing HIS dirty tricks on people.

I mean look at this guy would you want this guy turning up to help you out if needed.
He has his colleagues pulling him away for a second but he wants more..

Is there no U.S. police officer on here that can justified this action for us all..

..or is it just that he needs the money

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Your post reminded me of when I was 16 and got caught behind the skating rink with a case of beer in my trunk. Me and my buddies got caught red handed when a cop pulled up with his lights flashing. We were all underage and I asked him if he wanted me to dump the beer out. He said, " Hell no! Put that case of beer in my trunk and go home." I was more than happy to comply. Those were the days.

Now I have a 16 year old son and I'm sure he would not be that lucky. My feelings toward the cops have changed a lot over the years and not for the better. The old idea that if you're not doing anything wrong..you don't have anything to worry about is no longer true.
edit on 10/14/2014 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/2014 by Sparky63 because: spelling....always spelling!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That looked to me like an armed robbery and assault. Not just that, but if the victim chose to defend themselves, like they could against any other armed robber the other cops in the area... who are supposed to protect the public would take the side of the criminal.

Everyone in a police uniform in that video is guilty.

new topics

top topics

join