It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Lies About Marijuana That Won't Die Easy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We started the discussion on a different note, with you claiming the "gateway drug" issue. That was what I first pointed out, that there is a big flaw in teaching kids that marijuana is a "gateway drug".

It has been falsely taught for over 30 years. And never proven. Alcohol is even more of a "gateway drug" if you take the scientific approach. That was my point. Not that some people lose their drive or ambition. I agree that some people lose their drive, but in most cases I have experienced, other factors were present, such as social issues, low self esteem (before smoking pot) etc.

If you voted to legalize, then you agree with me and my fellow smokers. I thought I was discussing this with an opponent of legalization.

I just don't understand why you feel I wear rose-colored glasses. I am only trying to advocate why it shouldn't be illegal and on that note I am talking about the positive effects of it. If that in your world equates that I have no knowledge of negative effects, and thereby making my view rose-coloured only, then so be it. It doesn't change the fact that I grew up with two drug addicts, making me take care of my self since I was not even 3 years old. Try that for rose-coloured.

You try to paint me black and white because of my selectedness towards the subject. I didn't know I was supposed to paint the full picture for you, I assumed that you like me could figure out that people can discuss certain topics without listing the full spectrum of their opinions. I don't have all the time in the world so I chose to not talk about the negative implications in this thread. That, in no way equates to them not existing, nor does it equate to me not knowing they exist.

And you are right, we are all different. You just wasted my time bickering because you wanted to. You had no real agenda. Why you would waste your precious life on that is a riddle here where I sit. You wanted to point out the obvious, that there are side-effects? What thing in life doesn't have side-effects if you over-use? Even love has side-effects.

It does not change the fact that Willie Nelson now has turned 81 and apparently still hasn't discovered the drugs that marijuana is a "gateway" to?

Love and Light (don't over-use it)

edit on 17/10/14 by JoeSignal because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

(post by plube removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

Of all the bushes in all the towns in all the world she had to fly into mine.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When I was in college not long ago, I attended a fantastically well argued event over the use of marijuana. It was nice to see both sides have very valid points. My only problem has always been the following: why can't I do what I want with my body? My personal rights to smoke shouldn't be infringed on. I'm doing nothing wrong to anyone. Frankly, I agree about driving while intoxicated on anything. Enough people suck at driving sober. I am always shocked that the government thinks that the people need to be babied. I want them out of my wallet, out of my home, and out of my spliff.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WampusCrandle

Both sides had valid points? Could you perhaps provide a few valid points on why marijuana should remain illegal? Because frankly, I haven't ran into a single one. I've ran into a lot of hyperbole, fearmongering, and propaganda; but never a single valid point. Mostly because every point that you can argue in favor of keeping it illegal, I can rebut, "well what about alcohol? That's a FAR more destructive drug and is legal for recreational use."
edit on 12-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join