It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one should get the peace prize? Maybe everyone should share it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No One Should Get the Peace Prize

One editorialist at Slate thinks that no one should get the peace prize; however, while there have been small violent eruptions in certain countries around the world, for the most part we are living in the most peaceful era in human history. Not only is this literally the most peaceful era, but life expectancy is rising and infant mortality is falling on a daily basis for people all over the world. Every day that passes, the media is having to work harder and harder to perpetuate the lie that people are inherently evil and the world is a totally dangerous place, but the facts simply do not support their world view any more if they ever really did.

So, my nomination for this year's peace prize are the roughly 7 billion people who have never murdered, tortured or violently assaulted anyone. You are the hope that keeps me going every day. And while things seem dark at times, the trend of history is truly marching in a very auspicious direction.

Most peaceful era ever!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I felt like crying when Harper came out in full support of Israel, thereby crushing the neutrality many or most Canadians felt. Then to learn that the outgoing head of B'Nai Brith nominated him for a Nobel Peace prize was too much. See the proof please read it here as well as how it's seen as outrageous. The article leads to an online petition for the Nobel committee to disregard the nomination.

When Obama won it, I thought it was for his campaign promises, but we all know about those and how Guantanamo was never shut down, for instance.

So why was he really nominated? To secure his re-election? Of course Israel loves him, but I hope Canadians will take into account that this man is forcing a whip vote in a couple of hours for Canada to go to war! He will win that of course, since his party has the majority. The opposition parties are unanimously against it, as am I.

If Harper wins the prize then we will all know for certain how fixed it is.

edit on 7-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nobel Peace Prize confirmed for "Biggest Shill Award"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I love the way you presented that. Here in the south the people say "we won" when their favorite football team wins a game, and they never even broke a sweat! ;p

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you are referring to the Nobel peace prize, it now has no credibility.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

To ATS members it has no credibility, agreed, but would it have the same lack of credibility to Canadian voters in general? If Harper is awarded it, the spin put on it will certainly influence some voters, and that 's what really scares me. He's up for re-election next year.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well the motion passed in parliament as expected: Harper is sending Canada to do battle instead of a humanitarian mission, which he would do if he was really a man of peace.

top topics

join