It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people killed after shooting near Etobicoke school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
((Did 5 different searches for this topic and got no results))

Two people were killed after a shooting near Don Bosco secondary school in Etobicoke.

The shooting happened just after 12:30 p.m. Monday less than 100 metres from the Etobicoke secondary school near Islington Avenue and Dixon Road.

Four schools including Kingsview Junior Public School, St. Maurice, Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School and the School of Experiential education were all in lockdown at some point of the day following the shooting.

The double shooting was the first of two separate fatal shootings in Toronto today. The second occurred shortly after 3 p.m. in an alleyway near Regent Park when a man was shot several times. Paramedics rushed the victim to hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.

I saw someone had commented on this news piece saying that they wanted to move to safer place but really no play is safe from crime. The mass slaying in the Amish Community proved that.

Two people killed after shooting in Etobicoke, Toronto
Amish school shooting -wiki

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

You're right nowhere is safe at all. And it's horrible we don't use tools responsibly. Instead they're used for violence. Is it normal for Toronto to have shooting deaths (not the school)? I can imagine it happens, maybe they don't report them all?

Thanks for posting this, hope they're safe.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Michael moore said that Canada did not have gun violence,,,, I guess they do.
As you said, nowhere is completely safe.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just in case you guys aren't aware, Toronto is larger than Chicago. And the Golden Horseshoe, from Niagara Falls to WAY the other side of Toronto holds about 25% of Canada's population. And this area of TO isn't the nicest.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Yea Micheal Moore was full of crap when he was talking about Canada. We only leave our doors unlocked if we live in a fancy rich neighbourhood or out in the middle of nowhere. There are shootings in Canada, one of the biggest mass murders happened in my hometown when I was 9. It was just up the road from me & we could see the house through the trees. It was an Easter Sunday too when it happened.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

According to statistics on the Toronto Police website, the number of people killed in shootings has increased by 16.7 per cent year-to-date, the total number of shootings has dropped 15.6 per cent.

Here is a link to a Maclean's article on Canadian criminals Canada's most dangerous cities
You can also check out the stats from the article here.
A look at the cities with the most lawbreakers

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Yea Micheal Moore was full of crap when he was talking about Canada. We only leave our doors unlocked if we live in a fancy rich neighbourhood or out in the middle of nowhere. There are shootings in Canada, one of the biggest mass murders happened in my hometown when I was 9. It was just up the road from me & we could see the house through the trees. It was an Easter Sunday too when it happened.

I lock my doors but i have never really understood the argument for doing so. I think it is more a psychological reassurance than anything because if someone wants to break into your home they're not just going to try the door and say "oh darn, it's locked. our plans are thwarted." They come prepared to break into a locked house.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I keep my doors locked because I got stuck living in neighbourhoods where people liked to party & do drugs. If the door wasn't locked, someone would accidentally walk into our place thinking it was the party house. Growing up, that wasn't a great thing to have happen when your a single Mom with three daughters. We also always kept the door locked & bolted when we lived close to a halfway house.

Having your door locked buys you that extra second to know that someone is breaking into your house and that extra second can mean the difference between life and death.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

There's a BIG difference between urban and rural. I live about 40 minutes from T.O. and I don't lock my doors. There's only about 8000 people in this town though.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

i can agree with that, i count myself fortunate that i've never been living in a neighbourhood like that and i don't take it for granted. My mom grew up in Jane and Finch in Toronto.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
My mom grew up in Jane and Finch in Toronto.

Another not quite nice area of T.O. There are a few.

new topics

top topics

join