It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KCMO police tweet please dont commit any crimes so we can watch the game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Kansas City Royals won one of the best baseball games I have ever watched in 12 innings last night. I t was one for the history books and even the KCMO police could not do anything but watch, Tweeting this.

We really need everyone to not commit crimes and drive safely right now. We'd like to hear the @Royals clinch this

Then after they won they tweeted this

Wow, just wow. OK, everyone, you deserve to celebrate this @Royals win. Keep it safe & classy, #KC. We know you will.

twitter.com...

This is the Royals first time in the playoffs since 1985 so it is a really big deal here right now. I just thought the tweet was funnyand wanted to share it

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

1% meh

99% irrelevant

I think we spend way too much time idolizing over-paid athletes with no real skills or abilities outside of the arena.

But that's just this ones two coppers.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dumb azz jocks don't know how to record a show. Thought cops were dumb washed up jocks mostly but this take the cake.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No biggie. I'd wager the only places that were busy during that time were sports bars.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think this was meant to be a joke. According to their Twitter, it worked as crime is down a bit. It's like agencies telling people how to prepare for a zombie outbreak. It's funny no doubt.

Personally I feel sports, tv and the like are bread and circuses but who doesn't enjoy entertainment? I guess be aware but still know how to laugh. S + F it's funny.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I like that they put it out that way...a supportive public announcement to keep it together

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So, if you enjoy watching a good game of baseball, you are "idolizing jocks?"

Good grief!

I don't even hardly know any of the players names, but I still found the game to be entertaining. What should I have wasted my time on ... Utopia?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

1% meh

99% irrelevant

I think we spend way too much time idolizing over-paid athletes with no real skills or abilities outside of the arena.

But that's just this ones two coppers.

I don't think you have any idea what skills they have outside of their sport.. Probably the same skills you have outside of whatever it is you do for a living.

I don't understand why people hate on athletes for getting paid so much.. We should love these guys for getting as much as they can get from the superrich a$$ holes that pay them.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

One has to wonder if he hates on the actors and actresses in entertainment nearly as much.

To me, it takes much more to be an athlete than it does to pretend to be someone else.

top topics

join