It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students evacuated at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Monroe after bomb threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Last I checked there's never even been a school bombing. Perhaps I'm wrong. If I am, I'm sure one of you will correct me.

You're wrong. The Bath School disaster

It's worth noting that nearly 90 years later no school shooter has managed to top the death toll of one bomber.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No bomb found. Here goes my crazy nutter thinking, unless it was not a conventional bomb as we all think of when someone says bomb. With all these viriuses going around and the terrorists threats who knows anymore? Hasn't that already been suggested by that isis or is or whatever.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I never attacked you thus my generalization. I attacked your points. In what crazy universe is a suicide bomber classified EXACTLY the same as a child calling in a fake bomb threat

If anyone who terrorizes is a terrorist then why are school bullies not classified as terrorists? I was terrorized by bullies in school my whole life but I never suggested that they are the same thing as a suicide bomber.

I'm attacking the notion that a childish prank however inappropriate is terrorism

Ugh I used 10 and 13 from the article I linked already. Let me link it again. Two 10 year old girls and a 13 year old.

It's funny you accuse me of attacking you when I didn't. Even more amusing that you didn't read the link I provided at all. It's in the first sentence, their age. The freaking article starts "two 10-year-olds".

Here it is again. How about you read it before you accuse me of making things up.

www.nbcnews.com...

Based on the rules and philosophy of this site you've invalidated yourself. You attacked the person not the point. You did not read my post in its entirety or the article I provided.

And seriously just Google school bomb threats in the news. It happens every day and they waste tons of money and prosecute kids to make it back.

It's rampant and very worrying.

Here are some recent articles to show my point of it being everywhere.

From yesterday -www.wausaudailyherald.com...

m.actionnewsjax.com...

Double whammy (bomb threat hits two Bedford's in seperate states - m.wcvb.com...

I could link dozens from this week and last week alone but what's the point.

Go to Google. click news at the top. type in school bomb threats. just scroll through page after page of links. you're welcome for teaching you how to use Google. i know it's a very complicated and confusing website.

I apologize for "attacking you" but you fired the first shot after I just tried to enlighten you with facts and a personal anecdote.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

So you found one occurrence of a school bombing from 1927 with little relevance to modern discussion. The guy used quantities of explosives (mainly TNT) that would be impossible to obtain in our modern police state.

Plus he was not a terrorist by our 9/11 standards. He was a disgruntled white man with no foreign connections who after watching his mother burn alive as a child and then watching his wife waste away from tuberculosis while he slipped further into debt finally snapped.

He clearly had a severe mental break since he also destroyed his farm entirely including the trees and plants before he left to commit the bombing.

I fail to see how a deeply disturbed college educated adult man with old timey access to explosives twist relates to freaking TWEENS making phone calls. I've only seen one article (which I can't find but I'm sure you can if you care enough to research past wikipedia ) that mentions finding bomb making materials in the teenager's house.

Even if you find ten articles or more that show kids making bombs the vast majority are phone pranks with no credible threat. The police prosecute the kids to make back money they waste on INCREDIBLY excessive emergency responses. Not to mention the waste involved for the schools themselves.

All I'm seeing in these school bomb threats is police state conditioning and fear mongering. They are prosecuting teens and preteens as terrorists to make back taxpayer money they wasted on responding like it's a credible threat when it almost never is. How about doing some investigation? Nah let's scramble every emergency response tool we have and disrupt school for the day for everyone as well as trying to make the children's parents pay for it.

It's not like this is isolated. It's happening multiple times a week every week under most people's radar except the actual towns affected. I would bet my money the first ISIS false flag is a school bombing. They'll point to the issue being there the whole time as justification for further removal of constitutional rights. This last paragraph is conjecture but hey this is ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join