It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are dirty political games behind the Iraq conflict, says Chaldean Patriarch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am putting this here instead of the middle east issues forum because I think the implication is that this is greater than the middle east.

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

The US have begun an armed intervention with the “coalition”. Something similar has already happened in Iraq.
“All this looks to me like a dirty political game. Bombing these jihadists will not make them disappear, that’s for sure. Many innocent individuals risk being killed. Infrastructures are destroyed and will remain destroyed. The Americans have already done this: they destroyed the country and did not rebuild it. The most serious part of it all is that now everyone is saying the war is going to go on for years. This sends out two different and very dangerous messages simultaneously. The message to jihadists is: don’t worry, you have plenty of time to get organised, get more money together and enlist more paid militants. The message to the refugees is: this situation’s going to go on for years, the only future you have is away from here, away from your homes. It’s best if you leave if you can. If we are to really get rid of extremist groups once and for all, we have to work on education and training and come up with plans that show how false and monstrous this bloodthirsty ideology really is.”

When the patriarch of the Chaldean church says the new war in Iraq is just dirty politics, there has to be some merit to it. Not only is he on the ground, but the Catholic church (of which the Chaldean is a branch) has one of the best intelligence services in the world. I think this man is privy to some information that most aren't and has made a slip in the heat of the discussion. He probably should not have let that statement out. Let's see what happens to him.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

He's not privy to anything, just saying what he is seeing on the ground and to be honest, stating the obvious. It seems to me like it is quite clear what he is talking about and I don't think it's anything sinister.

What is it you think he is on about?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Cinrad

He's not privy to anything, just saying what he is seeing on the ground and to be honest, stating the obvious. It seems to me like it is quite clear what he is talking about and I don't think it's anything sinister.

What is it you think he is on about?

I have some sympathy with that, although he is appealing to people not to leave the lands more than anything, he seems to be at odds with a bishop or Bishops who are dealling with the likes of the US to take refugee people in. He talks about a figure of 10,000 to the US. He is wary that Christian groups fighting the IS, rather they should join Iraq or Kurdish forces and so on..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
And so a particular move of a few pawn pieces on the Chess Board in the Middle East distracts from who invented the squares of the distribution of that Middle eastern board in itself. When one researches who actually drew the lines on the map of Iraq, Syria and Iran to name a few, one realizes it has been a game of the Anglo-American artists of world government from the get-go. Israel is just another pawn to move around as well.

Everything else after the fact is but part of the distraction that the game itself creates, yet the objective remains obscure and the various guesses and controversies aid the final checkmate. Nothing is actually random in the game, it just takes time to complete the final stage as it is all interconnected by the historic "black gold" trillions that came from the same region. The banking network that manages that wealth is the plumbing to really examine and it underlies the whole game. Few even understand who installed that financial plumbing and its various reservoirs to facilitate that Arab windfall. The classic Arabs never heard of a "bank". Think about it.

top topics

join