It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you find yourself interpreting ideas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: James1982

I agree that language might be a big limitation especially when it is ambiguous. Maybe we just need better languages that are more precise so we can be more precise in what we are meaning.

Enlightenment is a good example of a word that have very many interpretations that are ambiguous where more different descriptive words would better illustrate the meaning you are after than one single words that make you confused of what meaning they are describing. Maybe Tower of Babel can be seen as the lack of not creating a common definition of the words we are using having problem understanding each others idea.

Agree totally on that, although I am doubtful if a language as we know them today could ever come close.

Which brings me to another thing, the "language of the vampyr" thread here on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you haven't seen it (haven't been keeping up with the thread for awhile so I'm not sure if you've been posting over there) it's not about vampires or anything like that. It's about a group of unknown people, who evidently are highly intelligent and educated, with more resources available to them than would be expected, who seem to be undertaking a "project" involving natural languages and the meaning and feeling behind words and concepts.

I'm explaining this badly but it's worth checking around in the thread, the content is fairly varied, but the jist seems to be that they are trying to create a "Natural" language or something along those lines, not sure if it's spoken, written, or something "more"

I like this thread because, much like the vampyr thread and the Vallee control system thread, it seems like something profound is being touched upon, but just ever so slightly out of reach. While considering information from all these sources, and having it swirling around in my mind, things have often started "falling into place" on some level of understanding, but my logical linear mind is unable to put it into words that I can even understand myself.

Here's the Vallee thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not exactly on topic, but I think it's possibly related in some peripheral sense. If conscious or unconscious thought is actually controlling reality, and ideas and concepts are popping into our heads and requiring a lot of effort to "decode" it seems to be touching somewhere in the Vallee universe.

Personally I feel there is an underlying "unifying" idea of existence and reality, and that all of these various paranormal instances are symptoms of that idea, but each gets explained in it's own way. Ghosts, Aliens, Time slips, ESP, etc are all results of the same phenomenon, yet instead of being evaluated as a whole, they are broken down and explained in non-unifying ways that are narrow and inaccurate to what's really going on.

How this relates to the "packet processing" IMHO is that as I believe the mind is a receiver or a processor, not an actual source of information. Just like your computer connects to the internet, and in some ways your computer IS the internet, but the internet isn't your computer, if that makes sense

You can store pages from the web on your computer, even create your own and upload them for others to see, you can do calculation on your computer, but ultimately the wonder of the internet itself is something far more complex and overreaching than what simply happens at home on your desktop. Much like our consciousness is something far more complex, connected, and overreaching than just what's going on inside our heads.

The question then becomes are these packets the result of calculation that took place OUTSIDE our minds, and then was returned, requiring additional processing before being fully understood on a local level? As in our minds being unable to do certain calculation, so we can "outsource" that calculation to the "consciousness cloud" to be computed and then returned to us? Or is something simply being sent out and some receive it? Or are some unconsciously reaching out and grabbing things that require local processing?

Just spitballing here, I'm not one of those people who go around claiming some inside knowledge, or superior intellect, so I'm not going to claim to have it figured out and know what's going on. But there is something that touches my "soul" in certain circumstances that almost feel like a glimpse of "god" although I'm non-religious so I'm not sure what that means. Just some feeling of "ooohhhhhh, I get it, that's amazing" but it's such a fleeting moment never to be captured and cemented as a thought, yet if I wander around certain subjects I know it will produce such a feeling again.

<< 1   >>

join