It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wallet Snatcher Dead - Jumped By Bystanders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neodaemon
I think i am going to have to avoid these forums for a while

I now feel so small it is unbelievable.

My advice is not to feel bad, and not to avoid the forums because of that.

Despite the stridency of my "Deny Ignorance" posts, I am no less human than anyone else here and have made tons of mistakes right here on ATS. I feel worse about some of them than others, but I try to learn from all of them.

Believe me, some of the things I have posted on ATS are far more embarrassing than anything I have read in this thread, so I am not "holier than thou." But I don't feel like a hypocrite when I say "Deny Ignorance", because that's an ongoing challenge for all of us.

Discussion and research on ATS represent an educational opportunity that is literally priceless, and provided to us for free. I recommend not getting bent out of shape about a bad call, but learning from it and moving on.

That's the best any of us can do.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm going Xmas shopping tonight. I'll be wearing my waist pack, real tight, and should anyone dare try anything. they'll get the biggest pouncing they ever got in their lives. I aim to kill.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Again thanks, Relentless!

Please bear in mind I live locally and cannot confirm these reports others say to have heard on the news yet. In addition, the few things I have seen in writing seem to have what I think are a large difference in details.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
How did I know he wasn't going to kill me?

You didn't know you were lucky. I you tried to wrestle an armed man to the floor it would turned out quite different. Even if he just had a knife or a crowbar. But what the hell at least the poor little thief wouldn't have been hurt only the person stupid enough to try to protect his property right?

If you feel threatened, you're probably are being threatened. If you're scared, follow your instinct. If you feel threatened easily? That's a personal issue.

If I find someone in my house in the middle of the night I am gonna assume he is not delivering a pizza. As for feeling threatened easily I kinda doubt that but I have been around enough, war, bounty hunting and teaching martial arts to know that burglar might just as easily had a gun or a knife. There is one reason I am alive today....I will shot first, screw the criminal.

For all yall "shot the gun outta his hand and only wound him and what ever you do don't hurt the poor honest little criminal," crowd I truly hope you never find your self in that position because I guarantee the person you are facing will not give a # if he hurts you.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Please bear in mind I live locally and cannot confirm these reports others say to have heard on the news yet. In addition, the few things I have seen in writing seem to have what I think are a large difference in details.

Acknowledged, understood and greatly appreciated.

I agree that we would be well-advised to be sure of our details, but your reports from the field serve at the very least to warn us that things are not necessarily what they might seem in this case.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have started a thread on the more abstract idea of how much force you shoulds be able to use to defend yourself or your property

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

This way we can debate it without having the details of this case to worry about. We can cover the issue in a bit more depth

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join