It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV operator used police cameras to spy on women in their homes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

CCTV operator found guilty of using police cameras to spy on woman in her apartment.

A security camera operator has been convicted of using police CCTV equipment to spy on a young woman in her apartment for his own sexual gratification.

Hi-tech voyeur Ciaran McCleave shook his head in the dock of Belfast Crown Court as the forewoman of the jury returned guilty verdicts on all eight charges levelled against him.

The camera, which at the time was being controlled by 50-year-old McCleave, captured the woman walking round her living room firstly wrapped in a towel and then wearing just a black thong.

Anyone else think this is an "isolated incident"? Pssht, personally I think this is the norm.

Some of this anti-4th Amendment spying probably helps every so often but lets be honest, most of it is used for the wrong reasons.

I would feel comfortable in saying that perving is probably its number one use and that they all do it from the operators to the police themselves. This guy just happened to be the unlucky clown thrown under the bus.

edit on 27-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Would this ever happen to a police officer's wife, or daughter, gf, mother, etc?

Don't think so. This is what bugs me about security. The more security, the less privacy. The more security, the more people using surveillance for kicks like in this incident.

S + F, nobody should be exposed against their will. I wonder how many people in authority cheat on their significant others with this technology?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

This us probably more of an isolated incident than people will make out on here.. There are also watchers that watch the watchers...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: misscurious

And I can guarantee the times the watchers come down on the watchers are not publicized. At least the majority of them, because it undermines confidence in the system and erodes their justification.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious

a reply to: gladtobehere

This us probably more of an isolated incident than people will make out on here.. There are also watchers that watch the watchers...

Anymore isolated then this NSA revealing-

“In the course of their daily work they stumble across something that is completely unrelated to their work, for example an intimate nude photo of someone in a sexually compromising situation but they’re extremely attractive,” he said. “So what do they do? They turn around in their chair and they show a co-worker. And their co-worker says: ‘Oh, hey, that’s great. Send that to Bill down the way.’ ” Source

It's okay you haven't done anything wrong! In this case, unless you're found attractive by someone.

new topics

top topics

join