It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did President Bush Snr. (and Dubya) Meet Osama Bin Laden in the Whitehouse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Really?

It seems that Italian gossip columns have been covering this recently but more important things have been going on in the rest of the world to pay much attention to this rather hard to believe story.

Currently I have only seen one English language source..

The originator of the tale is Loredana Bertè. For those who don’t know (that would be most of us outside Italy and a fair few inside as well). Loredana Bertè is an ageing Italian singer who now seems to have based her look on any one (or more) of Steve Tyler of ‘Aerosmith’, Pete Burns of 80s UK electro band ‘Dead or Alive’ or Mickey Rourke.

Loredana Berte and family

Bertè was once married to Swedish tennis star Bjorn Borg and has recently been making claims that she found herself sitting down for a dinner in the White House with Borg at which an unusual and controversial guest was present.

She claims that George Bush Snr, George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden were also present.

The source of the story is the Italian radio station - Radio 2. The singer made the claim herself on the station.

There are also a number of other sources in Italian repeating the claims. The links in this post are all linked to Google translations from Italian to English. But I’ve used a bit of linguistic licence to make them more readable :

The details of the show are yet to be verified, and if this is the truth, the extrovert singer obviously likes to tell it every time she gets in front of a microphone. It happened yesterday.

"I was at the dinner with Bjorn Borg, my husband. I was very interested in what he (Bin Laden? Bush?) was saying, seated at the table next to mine. "

When asked where the number one enemy of the Western world for many years was sat, the response from Bertè was as unexpected as it was chilling:

"Bin Laden was in the middle of the Bush family. I remember perfectly that Bush, himself, explained how important Bin Laden was to the CIA...... "

Source : www.tinyurl.com...

"I was present when Bin Laden and his son where at a White House dinner. Also there were was George Bush Sr. and Bush Jr".

The revelation to this background of September 11th, is the singer Loredana Berte, who, speaking on the radio (Rai Radio 2 'A Day to Ewe' ?????) , explained that they had dinner one evening with the now deceased leader of Al Qaeda.

"I was at the dinner with Borg. Bin Laden was at a table near me. A person I wanted to hear speak, because as we all know he was an undisputed operative of the CIA."

"And where was Bin Laden sitting?" asked the interviewer.

"With the Bush(es)," replied the singer. "I remember that he (Bush?) mentioned that he (Bin Laden) served the CIA"

Source : www.tinyurl.com...

Now there are a number of problems with this story.

The main one being that the only officially recorded visit to the USA that Osama Bin Laden ever made was in 1979. This was not too long before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in December of that year. A war in which we now know Osama played his part!

Source : www.newyorker.com

During the period when George Bush Snr. was US President, (January 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993 ), Bin Laden was either in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia in 1989. He then left for Sudan in 1991, after being expelled by the Saudi regime, wherehe eventually set up the Al Qaeda terrorist organisation.

Source : CNN

Now even if we assume a clandestine visit was made to the USA then it seems there is only a small window of opportunity for such a journey to have taken place. That time period has to be from sometime in 1989 and certainly before Loredana Bertè and Bjorn Borg were divorced in spring 1992.

In fact Bin Laden was supposedly enraged at the Saudi government allowing US troops on ‘holy ground’ during the first Gulf War which began in August 1990.

So is it possible Bin Laden was a guest of the first Bush in the Whitehouse during 1989 or up until the summer of 1990?

Unsubstantiated sightings of Bin Laden in the USA have entered folklore and there is even a Wiki page dedicated to it these days :

Bin Laden in the USA Wiki

The main problem is Bin Laden never mentioned such a visit whilst he was alive.

Prior to 1996 very few in the West had even heard of Bin Laden anyway. So is it realistic that Bertè would have recognised Bin Laden and also discovered he was an operative for the CIA?

It all seems rather suspect doesn’t it?

Even if such a visit really happened then it leaves an awful lot open to speculation.

Except there is this small piece of circumstantial evidence, I found, which makes me wonder.

Source: Milwaukee Journal 1989

On May 4th 1989 President George Bush apparently played a game of tennis on the Whitehouse courts with Bjorn Borg.

Truth or ‘turban’ legend?

Is it really plausible that the Bush family openly entertained Osama Bin Laden in the Whitehouse? If it is then I'll leave it up to others to speculate.................

edit on 26/9/14 by mirageman because: link fixed

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Didn't the Bush family hang with Nazis? I'm not surprised and given the fact that all "leaders" are puppets, public figures allowed to do certain things then why not? They're all part of the club. S + F, you put a lot of work into this and found some interesting information. It's the "little" conspiracy theories that matter more than the large ones.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's a cool and interesting story most certainly. Sounds like the talk of a fantasist though.

That's not to say that there's no link between the Bush family and bin Ladens. That might not be particularly suspicious in itself given the profile of both families. Who knows?

Both George and Osama are/were their respective family's wild childs after all.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It seems there could be a connection with the Bush family and the Nazis

Guardian UK

Elements of our British Royal Family are also rumoured to have either hated or sympathised with the Nazis. It's a murky subject even to this day. So who knows how deep the relationship with the Mujahideen ran back then?

This story is one of those that is a bit of a joke at first. Then you dig just below the surface and you go "hmmm?'".

But ultimately it comes from a washed out Italian singer who probably saw an Arab at the Whitehouse two decades ago and made a mistake.

Interesting story though.

edit on 26/9/14 by mirageman because: eta

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Ronald Reagan met with Future Taliban Leaders in 1985.

edit on 26-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Aren't the British Royal Family essentially German usurpers with changed names? I remember some royalty changed their names before WWII so they wouldn't be associated with Germans.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

He never left!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's funny, I thought Slick Willie was Obama's advisor.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If I was to do disinfo on behalf of The Presidents
interests, this is exactly the story and witness I'd use
to ridicule the idea of conspiracy*
related to 9/11.
(works like a charm)

* conspiracy
(He may not be able to, but I can say it Laura)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

She was in Playboy in the 70's/80's? I guess she is talking about that time period as well?

It wouldn't have been impossible or that shocking back then when Afghanistan was fighting the soviets and Osama was a CIA asset (he may have continued on as one).

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

She was in Playboy in the 70's/80's? I guess she is talking about that time period as well?

It wouldn't have been impossible or that shocking back then when Afghanistan was fighting the soviets and Osama was a CIA asset (he may have continued on as one).

This would make a lot of sense if Loredana Bertè had visited the White House in this time period. Who knows she may well have mixed up memories.

But she didn't marry Bjorn Borg until 1989, and she's referring to him being with her at the White House. That's why I believe that, if this meeting ever took place, it was probably in 1989 or 1990.

There were also reports of Bush attending a meeting on Sept 10th 2001 at which Shafiq bin Laden (Osama's brother) was also present. I'm not really a student of all the 9/11 conspiracy theories. So even if Osama was dining in the Whitehouse with the current President, and the next but one President, a couple of decades ago I wouldn't like to speculate why and what that may point to.

Even White House records confirm that game of tennis with Bjorn Borg on May 3rd 1989 at 4:30 pm. So it could be that his new wife was also there. But did she really see Osama?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

As-selamu Alaykum; Shalom Aleichem; Konichiwa; Hey (1st stage of horse manure...)

I didn't want to just hit and run w/a * But I appreciate Your time and the truth or 'turban legend' ..That's classic!

namaste

new topics

top topics

join