It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death By Firing Squad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was reading an article on "Death by Firing Squad." What is that?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
that's when they blindfold you stand you up against a wall and blow your brains out on the count of three

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
make sure you look up mirrorsparadise in sweet home alabama " wheel in the road wheel in the ditch, oh sweet home alabam"

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I saw that, a couple of guys on death row wanted death by firing squad rather than another way.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The only agency Im aware of that uses this execution method is the US military. Its odd the prisoners, civilian ones, would choose it.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Utah government and the US military both allow it. I think there's another state or 2 that uses firing squad as well and I'm not sure if the US government uses it or not. It's the best way to go since there's no room for technical error and you die almost instantly, and outdoors, as opposed to a lethal injection which can be long and painful if they give you the wrong dosage, gassing, since bigger peoples' bodies will resist the gas, or electrocution, since the sponges can dry so fast that they'll catch fire before you die. A bullet to the heart or brain is much better.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Okay cool, I've seen that on the news lately and I was wondering what it was, Thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just for point of clarification, Idaho authorizes firing squad only if lethal injection is "impractical" and Utah allows prisoners to choose between lethal injection and firing squad. Oklahoma, "authorizes electrocution if lethal injection is ever held to be unconstitutional and firing squad if both lethal injection and electrocution are held unconstitutional."

The U.S. Government, "The method of execution of Federal prisoners for offenses under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 is that of the state in which the conviction took place, pursuant to 18 USC 3596. If the state has no death penalty, the judge may chose the method of another state. For offenses under the 1988 Drug Kingpin Law, the method of executions is lethal injection, pursuant to 28 CFR, Part 26."

U.S. Military, "Lethal injection is the sole method".

top topics

join