It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is makes it hard to understand your point when you use the incorrect words to express your point

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Kudos to those guys
this is isn't directed at you.

This is isn't? You just proved that anyone can make a typo. It happens.
edit on 26-9-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Yur right wit dat...prolly.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I was surprised I was able to read the whole thing! lol That is interesting how the mind works.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Lipton

I correct posters every once in awhile but find it to be a better idea to study my own grammar first. You should do the same.

Start with the "is" in your title and change it to "it".

Thanks.

That one was on purpose
I was hoping someone would see the irony

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

originally posted by: Lipton

Kudos to those guys
this is isn't directed at you.

This is isn't? You just proved that anyone can make a typo. It happens.

That one wasn't on purpose. Point taken.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Personally, I just assume those who abuse the language are either stupid or lazy or both.

You can tell when it's not someone's native tongue. That's different.

A lot of Americans, and Brits, didn't pay attention in school. That is stunning.
edit on 9/26/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Personally, I just assume those who abuse the language are either stupid or lazy or both.

You can tell when it's not someone's naive tongue. That's different.

A lot of Americans, and Brits, didn't pay attention in school. That is stunning.

You really need to start taking a look at schools in America. Most of the people are lucky to be able to post something on the net.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Restricted

You can tell when it's not someone's naive tongue. That's different.

You really need to start taking a look at schools in America. Most of the people are lucky to be able to post something on the net.

I know. It's embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Their're

Take that grammar police!!

I fell in love with that the first time I saw it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It happens. The other day I spelled 'secede' as 'succeed'. I didn't even bother to correct it. lol

The only one that gets me is when someone misspells loser as 'looser'. Other than that, I could care less about grammar 'cause mine isn't that great either, but I think I can get my points across and most people understand me. I think.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What depresses me most is when I see these types of errors on professional news sites.

Our local news station posted on Facebook the other day that "A loan storm cell has been spotted moving across the area".

What ? Is a cloud pouring out money?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can see English teachers all over the US pulling their hair out every day over this kind of stuff.

Some of it is from iPhones and word suggestions for typing texts, I'll bet. The rest is from people who really don't know how to spell or use words in a sentence. Yes, even journalists and writers from major news outlets do it nowadays. Examples:

Affect - Effect
Compliment - Complement
Principal - Principle

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just saw a perfect example of what I think the OP was talking about.

Here is an ad I saw recently:

"He is 9 months old, he a lovely dog. He been around kids all age and very great around babies. He love to go for his walks everyday. He house broken and cage too. He let you know if someone is around the house that not post to be. Very smart dog. He is up to date on all his shots. I'm asking a fee for him to sure that he go to good home."

I know I'm not post to be criticizing others, but maybe the dog is smarter than the owner?

There are other problems with that ad, but this one is the most glaring.

I really don't mean to make fun, but it's hard to read sometimes. English was my favorite subject in school, however,
I know I've lost quite a bit and find myself sometimes needing help in sentence structure and grammar.

BBC code is NOT working. I've had trouble the past few days.
edit on 27-9-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join