It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we can learn from the psychopaths to help us to win in politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I have posted before about the fact that psychopaths seem to have an easier time in modern America winning elections, as well as doing better in at least establishing relationships. Many reply that this is unfair but it is how life works.

The thing is that psychopaths possess a lot of positive traits we can learn from and employ to win -- without actually becoming psychopaths, as if that was possible for someone without the genetic predisposition.

Psychopaths are hyper-individualistic. They just don't care what people think of them. So they will say and do things that seem odd, but actually are calculating to win an objective, whether to gain popularity, attention of the opposite (or same) sex or establish themselves as "different" so they can make the "sale." Psychopaths are also charming, able to make a person feel special and, due to their hatred of the conventional they can take people on a thrill ride of the mind and body.

There is no reason regular people can't learn from them. I post this in hopes the more informed and aware people generally found on this forum can use these traits to win in the battle against a society getting dumber, less free and more conformistic.
edit on 26-9-2014 by edward777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2014 by edward777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I for one believe individualism is the one thing humankind should steer as far away as possible from, but in my observation the exact opposite is what's happening. If we go down that path, it means people will have their way no matter the outcome for others. Utimately this is exactly what happens when one steals, rapes or kills. So not a behavior I think should be encouraged, not more encouraged than it already is. Disagree? "Demanding respect" and "standing out" are openly encoureged in our society while at the same time being the admission ticket to that road, and the extreme examples I've given are at its end. Last but not least, it's only logical: if extreme individualism becomes the norm, remember that you are only one, and you will have to interact with many others who will all try to get something out of you for their benefit. It's a no-win game if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The thing is that conformity is safe but standing out will win you points in gaining goals in the workplace as well as in getting the attention of the opposite sex.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And one more thing to consider is that nature does not reward the timid.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You don't have to emulate a psychopath.

There's always NLP as well as those techniques taught by that big Frankenstein-looking dude. Whatzisname.

[Edit to add]

Tony Robbins! That was going to drive me nuts.
edit on 10/24/2014 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

top topics

join