It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telegraph: ultra-orthodox Jews refuse to sit next to women on plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Citing a religious belief that men and women should be segregated. Will the feminists excuse this behavior because it's a religious belief? (slavery was also a religious belief, is that okay, too?)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wonder why they didn't pre arrange seating to accommodate their beliefs? I can't believe this has not come up before for them.
I would also think the airline would tell them to get off the plane or sit down.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: filosophia

They would be best buds with the Taliban. After all, the Taliban believed in the same thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Religion is by definition anti-human. So don't act surprised by any of this.

I believe they shun bathing too, so it probably worked out.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This is the norm when flying... orthodox jews do in fact stand until the female switches seats or until he finds another seat. There is nothing in place for airlines to do other than try to appease their passengers.

They are an interesting group to say the least.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Mainstream media won't tell you this but Ultra-orthodox Jews also wear the face veil. Again, they are just a minority but media likes to implant into people heads that only Muslims do it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If they have a problem with sitting next to women well there isn't any women in the cargo hold, they can stay there.

I can't stand it when someone has a religious belief and thinks everyone around them needs to conform to it. You choose your religion, I didn't, so deal with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: filosophia

Citing a religious belief

He can take his happy religious butt down to the bus station...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is why I'm glad I'm not religious anymore. Crap like this. Always on the lookout that whatever you are doing or may be doing is offending your god (actually your religion, if god exists, he probably doesn't give a crap about what clothes you wear, who you socialize with, or other moral stuff that religions like to go on about).

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He would be standing a long long time if he were next to me! Sorry don't intimidate that easily and when my back gets up I don't give in either

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Orthodox Judaism is one of the most oppressive religions for women doesnt surprise me at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Ultra Orthodox are mostly pretty skint and don't work so don't do El Al or BA to Tel Aviv, they get the Easyjet from Manchester and can be a little annoying to say the least when it comes to seat choice. After about twenty offers to swap seats I just put the headphones in and stare straight ahead. They aren't being rude, it's just the way they are. The contrast between this somewhat annoying thing on Easyjet and the normality of more affluent BA or El Al passengers is amazing. Plus I swear there were only a few Orthodox types on the cheapy planes Thomson and Monarch years ago. Now they seem the majority on these flights from Manchester.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

one day a space craft will land and out will come an alien , he will say greetings i have come to see how my experiment is coming along .

our so called leaders will ask what experiment do you mean ?

the alien will reply well when we came here last time you were very primitive and not very intelligent
so we decided to give you religion , and to see how long it would take you, before you wiped each other out or became
intelligent enough to rise above your differences.

our leaders will say well what do you think now ?

the alien will reply i think that if i had visited you later say in around another fifty years , you would have gone .

and we would have had to reseed this planet and start all over .

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777
And that is the best point to be taken from this thread, IMO, is that one side is as bad as the other.

What if I'm stuck beside some religious nut on a plane? Can I change my seat?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

They should have booked seats next to each other, if they didn't want to sit net to a disgusting woman that is. This kind of behavior makes me sick, there's a 50% chance of ending up next to a woman.

Either buy the whole row or take another flight. If I was the woman on the plane that the Orthodox Jews didn't want to sit next to, I wouldn't move. They can take another flight.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They should have been asked to leave and refunded their money. If they refused, arrested. Just like any other group behaving in such a manner. Why in the hell did it take them 11 hours to get this resolved? Any other group would have been arrested within twenty minutes and added to a terror watch.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would have international laws forbidding orthodox religions of any kind, no churches, only private meditations and prayers and positive message. Highest Human Rights in place, that includes world wide free medical (no death panels, full deal and teeth too), education, right to basic income, or a euotpia without money.

Anyone like this would be in years of counseling.

And no women anywhere would be wearing veils or burqa's or shrouds, ever.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They can sit next to ISIS or Al-Queda.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If they didn't do it you'd hate them for being hypocrites.

top topics

join