It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New unrest in Ferguson after Michael Brown memorial burned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Seems more rioting has been happening in Ferguson !!

Sept 23rd brought on some new glass breaking and fires and gunshots.

Not much on the news?

Last Updated Sep 24, 2014 6:50 AM EDT

FERGUSON, Mo. - Violence broke out again in Ferguson, Mo., a community still reeling from the effects of an unarmed teen gunned down by a white police officer last month.

A group smashed up the windows of a beauty supply store, and gunshots could be heard nearby, according to witnesses.

New unrest in Ferguson after Michael Brown memorial burned

Alternative views....

Ferguson rioters are back at it. They are looting, burning and shooting. It didn’t help that the president of the United States has elevated their bad behavior by appearing to justify it before the U.N. yesterday.

So far the riots in Ferguson have cost the county $4.2 million, the Kansas City Star tells us.

The county’s chief operating officer, Garry Earls, told KMOV-TV that $2.6 million has been spent on police overtime, the biggest chunk of the $4.2 million bill. Another $170,000 was for damage to police cars caused by rioters.

This doesn’t count the damage to businesses.

The rioters are not done.

Obama’s Gang Friends in Ferguson Riot Again

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A beauty supply store. Yeah, that should get the message across.

Meanwhile the real source of their troubles remains maintained thanks to their money. S + F, I hope one day Americans realize activism isn't smashing up your own neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It seems that their own candles probably started the fire but hey who am I to take away their rights to riot and loot their own hood.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe Eric Holder is coming to Ferguson to lead them!
2nd...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Gotta get at those weaves, man!
Spike Lee said that smashing up the joint is the right thing to do!
Sounds like they were just upset that the news had moved on.
edit on 9/25/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/25/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Set fire to memorial? Check.
Loot newly stocked shelves? Check.
Blame it on "gangs" from "outside of town"? Incoming

Why is there reaction always complete chaos? Any message they are trying to send gets negated rather quickly as soon as the first wig or pair of shoes gets looted.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It should do as much good this time as it did the last time. I'm all for peaceful protesting, but looting is just ignorant behavior regardless of who does it. They are only perpetuating a sad stereotype and they don't really even seem to care.

If they really cared they should have continued the peaceful protests they had going on until it spread... and it would have had they stuck with it. Doing it that way certainly doesn't garner the fastest way to change, but it would have been a more cemented road to it and folks could have stood together all over because they saw that people could stand together without all hell breaking loose.

There were probably a hell of a lot of people that would have gone down there to offer support and show solidarity, but they didn't know if there would be danger or if they would even be welcomed by the protestors themselves.

If they had continued in shifts (the peaceful protests) the drain on the city's LEO's, budgets, etc. would have likely led to some negotiating taking place within a couple of months at most.

Instead of everyone talking about the changes that may need to be made... Everyone is discussing the disgusting acts done by those who do not care for any cause, save their own.

edit on 9/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I went to Ferguson the very first week the National Guard was sent down there. It was WAR. National Guard was shooting and killing unarmed folks and that never was accurately reported in the media. It made Kent State look like firing squad practice.

I have a hard time believing after being there and seeing with my own two eyes the most together civilian population down there. The gangs were in collaboration with each other and put aside differences to distribute water and other supplies to people, especially after Mayberry RFD cut their water (another point not discussed on the news). Food drops were guarded heavily by the police and not given to people either. The gangs were extremely helpful in role of militia and taking care of the people.

For them to burn down a beauty supply...I'm sensing police interceptors on that one. I saw infiltrators with my own eyes "blend in" with people and attempt to be hostile to incite police action. It was not uncommon. I also saw the NGs smokebomb a shelter in a gym where elderly and others that couldn't take the weather outside were sleeping after midnight.

I'm not believing the hype. I have ALWAYS said in any post on ATS that Ferguson was a sociological experiment, with Boston being #1 for a small city, and Katrina as a experiment on how to disarm whites with guns. Now we are dealing with black urban population (even though I saw a lot of whites shot at as well down there).

Don't believe the hype people. I just posted 2 weeks ago the police were having a "come hang out with us day and get your kids fingerprinted" event in Ferguson. Doesn't this all seem a bit strange now????

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I went to Ferguson the very first week the National Guard was sent down there. It was WAR. National Guard was shooting and killing unarmed folks and that never was accurately reported in the media. It made Kent State look like firing squad practice.

You have pictures this happened right?

new topics

top topics

join