It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military launches 1st airstrikes against Islamic State targets in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Are you talking about the civilians ISIS is hiding behind?

Or the civilians that are knowingly 'hanging out' with ISIS, and know exactly what is coming their way?

Give me a break....

It is sad, but that's part of war and it ain't pretty.

Nope. You don't get a break. Sorry. It's sad, I know.

I'm talking about civilians. People who are civil, I suppose. That's who I''m talking about.

That is all.
edit on 9/22/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This just in,

Damascus Says Washington Informed Syria's UN Envoy Before Striking Islamic State in Syria

edit on 22-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” ― Voltaire

"Going After” the Islamic State. Guess Who is Behind the Caliphate Project?

Syria Refugee Total Nears Ten Million

edit on 23-9-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Turkey,,,

u said guess,, Who is Behind the Caliphate

Turkey is.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Honestly this whole campaign should be drones, and cruise missiles only. I don't want a jet in the sky for them to scream at and curse. I don't want a news headline for who fired the cruise missile, or piloted the drone.

Their enemy should be faceless, just as they are. They want to hide behind smoke, mirrors, and religion. Then we shall hide behind, napalm, phosphorous, thermite, high explosives, cruise missiles, and drones.

# Isis. I'm honestly thinking of making T-shirts. Fed Up, Chose to Kill Isis. There I even gave it a meaning.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” ― Voltaire

"Going After” the Islamic State. Guess Who is Behind the Caliphate Project?

Syria Refugee Total Nears Ten Million

there is another saying..

kill a man you are a murderer
kill many your a conqueror
kill them all and your a god

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

US and Allies Hit ISIS Targets in Syria
www.nytimes.com...

Sorry, nytimes.com won't let anybody copy/paste

Use the sniping tool

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Well of course they are. the US and israel did not invent them for nothing did they?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
here's what I see taking place....
the 5 regional nations : Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE participating in airstrikes

the Arab 5 are there for two primary reasons...

1: to provide political cover for the airstrikes in Syria...IOW the USA/UK/France are not a team of western Crusaders only...
instead the westerners have a coalition with Arab 'partners' in Arms

2: the aircraft of these Arab partners will accompany the western pilots, but have secondary targets
the western pilots will have the primary targets to hit...
the Arab airforces will be the easier planes to shoot down, they are being used as air-clutter to help shield the USA aircrafts...
and as the easier targets by either the Syrian airforces or targets of the ISIS captured SAM missiles
edit on rd30141147683523532014 by St Udio because: bla-bla

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm wondering where is Israel in all this?

They have a powerful air force with experienced combat pilots and F-16 Falcons which could attack ISIS, I mean daesh, and help the US and allies.

But they just sit there doing nothing.
edit on 23-9-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

They have a powerful air force with experienced combat pilots and F-16 Falcons which could attack ISIS, I mean daesh, and help the US and allies.

An interesting observation on corporate structure and higher ups in gov't is that the guys you see less often and aren't getting their hands dirty on the ground floor are usually the ones in charge of the operation.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

news only 3 hours old : news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrBEiIafiFU8hcArEXQtDMD

Israel shot down a Syrian fighter jet after it flew over the Golan Heights, the Israeli army said today, the first such incident in almost 30 years and the neighbors' most serious clash since the start of Syria's civil war.

The Sukhoi fighter was downed by a U.S.-made Patriot missile fired by Israeli military personnel, and the crew ejected over Syrian territory across the Golan frontier, the Israeli army said. The attack came as the U.S. launched its first airstrikes against Islamic State positions in Syria in a major expansion of its campaign to defeat the militants

Israel can't be openly a coalition member...or else the 5 Arab States would pull out
so they stealth

edit on rd30141148116923062014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Syrian Su-24 Fencer ground attack plane shot down at 10,000-14,000ft about 800m inside Israeli territory apparently while trying to attack Syrian rebels near the border.

The Israel Defense Forces' aerial defense system on Tuesday fired a Patriot missile and shot down a Syrian Sukhoi 24 fighter jet that infiltrated Israeli territory.

it had flown 800 meters west of the border into Israel and turned around.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Oh how I dread when the numbers start coming in on how many civilians were killed. : (

Do you mean the "civilians" who have had their weapons removed before the media is allowed into the area?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join