It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey Cloned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Clones

I give it 2 to 3 year before we have a cloned human on our hands. Who knows maybe earlier.

Truely amazing stuff.

What do you guys think?

[edit on 7-12-2004 by texmiller]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

When tried with macaque monkeys, this "squish" method yielded 135 cloned embryos that were implanted into 35 surrogate mothers. None of the implantations resulted in a pregnancy,

I am surprised that they are having significant problems. Sheep are a more 'recent' and comlex sort of animal than primates, one would expect humans and monkeys to be easier to clone. Irregardless, once a 'higher mammal' like sheep were cloned it is just a matter of -will- before a human is cloned.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There have already been many claims of human cloning. I believe Clonaid has claimed over a dozen at this point.

Xon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think it is nice that human learn as long as it doent get too much. Like you can get cloned after death. Or I hope it will not be normal but I am not agenst trying it on human. Youst to learn. But clone peapole ofen... no I doent hope so.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don�t want to meet my clone accidental
But for the politics, its connotes a great advance! eg.: NY Times: Bush in India , Pakistan, France, Russia etc. the President of France, Chirac met with the 3rd clone of Bush and disagreed at all points...lol

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have no problem with them cloning organs or limbs but when you are actually creating artificial life, then i have a problem. Imagine if Hitler was cloned.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Croat56]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Imagine if Hitler was cloned.

Why would that be a problem?

Its like saying 'imagine if hitler had a twin. And it was raised by compoletely differnent people in completely different circumstances in a completely different country.' What, anyone with genes like Hitler is goingto beome leader of nazi germany?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
absolutely a good point.

You can take my genes, and make another "me".

But unless you were raised by MY parents, go to my school, and have my friends - and have exactly the same experiences I did when growing up, you WON'T be the same. The clone will have the same genes... but they can do whatever with them - and be completely different.

Cloning = to me is just another form of human arrogance. "look what WE can do!" Some things are better left undone.... IMHO.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Yet there are also many instances of seperated twins living nearly identical lives.

Both would have the same job, hobies etc.

Cloaning Humans is a step humanity isn't ready to take from a maturity stand point.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I have no problem with them cloning organs or limbs but when you are actually creating artificial life, then i have a problem. Imagine if Hitler was cloned.

Rent the movie, "The Boys From Brazil.."

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Rent the movie, "The Boys From Brazil.."

I know thats where i got that hitler thing

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Imagine if Hitler was cloned.

Why would that be a problem?

Its like saying 'imagine if hitler had a twin. And it was raised by compoletely differnent people in completely different circumstances in a completely different country.' What, anyone with genes like Hitler is goingto beome leader of nazi germany?

If you believed in nature not nurture then he would be the same. Maybe not to the same degree. But i believe in nurture so I hope your right.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you, but HUMANS have already been cloned.I'm going to explain in a thread I'm about to make.I'll put the link up when i get it finished.

Here we go www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Mono

[edit on 8-12-2004 by MoNoM3ND3Z]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Why do we want to clone people anyway. I think the old fasion way is alot more fun

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is it just me or the link provided by the author (www.msnbc.msn.com...) leads to:

Cassini probe provides close-ups of two-tone Iapetus

� Dec. 8, 2004 | 7:25 p.m. ET
Saturn�s black-and-white moon: The Cassini spacecraft has sent back the most detailed images ever taken of Iapetus, Saturn's bizarre two-tone moon.

top topics

join