It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here using a WIRED xbox 360 controller on windows 8.1?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
tring to get it configurered, having troubles... help out?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

support.xbox.com...

That's the guide I used.

There are no actual windows 8 or 8.1 drivers, so you'll be using 7 as a base.

~Tenth

link   
Is there a specific error that gets thrown up after plugging it in, or does it just not recognize the device?

link   

Uninstall Windows 8.1. Install 7
Really I have no idea, I would have thought that Micro$oft would have had a driver available.

Found info over here. It says that Win 8.1 should already have the drivers. So, I don't know, kid.

link   

I don't know, but i Googled something that might help.

CLICK ME

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's odd. I just picked up a new laptop with windows 8.1 and it recognized mine just fine. Been using it to play Rogue Legacy recently.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada

Uninstall Windows 8.1. Install 7
Really I have no idea, I would have thought that Micro$oft would have had a driver available.

Found info over here. It says that Win 8.1 should already have the drivers. So, I don't know, kid.

Because of the low conversation rate of users from Windows 7 to 8, ( currently like..12%), they really didn't start proper driver support until the beginning of 2014. Also they were focused on making sure Xbox One devices were compatible as well.

It's a strange thing they did.

I agree though, just un-install 8 and get a proper OS.

ETA: If you haven't updated to 8.1 through the Microsoft Store, that could be your problem. Windows 8 standalone is garbage for drivers.

~Tenth
edit on 9/22/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skada

Kid? I'm 31! lol anyway It's just not detecting it, I'm trying to figure this out and it becoming a pain in the @$$!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have been to the microsoft website for a few days now..... anyone care to remote this computer to assist?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yea, and I still call my Father a kid.
Have you tried right-clicking on [Computer] and Left-Clicking on [Manage] going to [Device Manager], and then searching for newly attached hardware? Have you gone to the link provided in my previous reply? If all else fails, try looking for a Windows 7 Driver. The OS are pretty much built off the same kernel.

Choose your OS (anything but win 8 and win 8.1). Make sure you choose the right type (32-bit or 64) try the win 7 and see if it works. Linky to XBox360 Controller Driver for Win
edit on 9/22/2014 by Skada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skada

ok im getting a xbox 360 wireless controller via plug & play charge kit showing up, but this is a wired controller for 1 and for 2 when i plug it in and turn on the controller it just flashes the 4 green lights looking for the host..... also windows said all of the drivers are up to date and installed?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
update: it was a wirless controller i was using that had the wire plugged in to the controller, i switched to a solid wired only controller and it apears to be working.... yay!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The wireless version sometimes requires an adapter.

www.amazon.com...

The wired should work just fine.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

What program are you using or are you just trying to directly use it? I usually use the program Motionjoy or DS3 and even my generic controllers work fine.

new topics

top topics

join