It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't know where exactly to post this, but this is where I'm putting it. This is the work by someone called Brian Onley. It is unclear where he got his information from, but, it's like a basic 101 recap of our history. It goes waaaaaaay back. It involves other various 'human' races across our galaxy, and wars with the Cekahrr, which are more widely known as the Alpha Draconians or the Reptillians.

Basically, it's a video book that has ten enigmas, along with three other videos that give additional information. They are anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes long. All the videos can be found here:
The Book of Man

Although I'd recommend watching the whole thing to get more understanding of the subject, a shorter version has been made by another user, and can be seen here, which only takes around 5 minutes:
Short version

I deliberately did not go in depth regarding the subject, since I don't want to give skewed versions of this story. I don't know how true it is. I don't know where most of this information comes from. What I do know is that for me it sounds a lot more reasonable than both creationism and evolution. And in case it is true, we need to change our behavior asap, since we are basically living in a draconian system of control, and will have to break free of it soon. Otherwise, we will never be free again.
edit on 21-9-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Yellow Book, which a race known as the Ebens possess. It is the history of the universe and all existence.

"The 'Yellow Book' is quite an extraordinary piece of alien technology. It was given to us by the Ebens. It tells the entire history of their race, planet and most of the history of the universe as well as our own. As far as I know, no one has ever viewed the 'Yellow Book' to its very end. As you stated in one of your releases, it would take an entire lifetime to read it and yet another to understand it."

This originated from a story about the US capturing an extraterrestrial that lived as a human being. It was supposedly called Operation Tango-Sierra.

SERPO: Operation Tango-Sierra

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
I don't know where exactly to post this, but this is where I'm putting it. This is the work by someone called Brian Onley. It is unclear where he got his information from.

Probably from the original SF author Mike Resnick

This book is a history of the race of humankind as it maneuvers in the galaxy. Each chapter describes a separate episode over thousands of years as man expands his empire economically and administratively, attempts to recover from setbacks, and eventually falls.
But what is fascinating is that each story highlights one of humankind’s drives, motives, and inherent character both in its highest ideals and in its basest hubris. Resnick is able to both celebrate and denigrate each characteristic.

whatismikereadingnow.wordpress.com...
edit on 21-9-2014 by drneville because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2014 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm worried.....

While this sounds interesting (having seen the preface video) I can't help get the feeling that this is a Scientology funded project.
Scientology suffers a great deal from some of the same things that modern day religion suffers from: idolisation and opposition to others, rather than understanding the human race as a whole.

If that isn't the case, I won't belittle the idea of Brian Onley.

It wasn't till recently that I could finally in some way and only in a minuscule way understand or... accept how our solar system works in relation to the galaxy in relation to the the thing that the galaxy is part of and that our perceived model of our solar system with the sun as an object still in space is wrong.

The idea of the 1% of 1% of 1% is completely logical in my view of the universe. But I still for the life of this being that I inhabit do not understand why we don't understand or remember where we came from.
I'm not at all a fan of creationism.... but I think evolution is lacking direct linage information to completely explain how man as we are today came to this point in time.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IWasHereEonsAgoI'm not at all a fan of creationism.... but I think evolution is lacking direct linage information to completely explain how man as we are today came to this point in time.

Fair enough, I' m not into creationism yet alone religion.. but I also feel there is something incomplete in the picture with 'just evolution' theory. How did the human develop a much more advanced brain and way of thinking than no other animal ever did and till now has never showed any closer signs of mind evolution compared to that of human.

When I read the thread title I thought this is about the 'Alien races book' yes the one that depicts creatures similar to those in movies and claims this to be a real representation of races.

By talking about Alpha Draconians, it doesn't sound any more realistic, it's like taking the general conspiracy of alien races and making their own story out of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

It's basic sci-fi you mean!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Just like Star Trek is Sci-Fi?

I left in the middle whether it's true or false because I simply do not know. If I am honest, it kind of rings as true in my ears, but, that could simply be me deluding myself. What drneville posted is interesting though. I'll try and verify the parallels, to see if this is a scam or something else. But on first glance, the humans didn't really have an 'empire' in the story of Brian Onley, so I don't know how related they are.
edit on 22-9-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Just like Star Trek is Sci-Fi?

Yup......and The Jetsons!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: drneville

Having looked at the reviews on different sites, it seems that the story of the book you posted is happening in the future. The book of Man by Brian Onley is by default about the past of us and how we got here on this planet. It has nothing regarding economics, nor the ideals of man. So I have to assume it's something else entirely.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Is that anything like the book named "The Serve Man" on that classic Twilight Zone episode of the same name:

[the below video is a spoiler for anyone who has never seen that Twilight Zone episode and plans to do so]

edit on 9/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What I do know is that for me it sounds a lot more reasonable than both creationism and evolution.

Could you provide some additional detail about why you find it more reasonable?

It always comes back to the ultimate chicken and the egg. Where did the universe come from? Where did God come from? I don't see how this theory is anymore satisfying when everything must have some type of beginning. I am interested to hear your thoughts.

Edit:
I forgot to thank you for the link to the short video. There was a link at the end recommending a very cool video Vimeo: Circle of Abstract Ritual. It is a video of time lapse images of various optical illusions by the artist and interesting scenes. It was edited from approximately 300,000 pictures.
edit on 23-9-2014 by compressedFusion because: Added thanks for vimeo find.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

What I do know is that for me it sounds a lot more reasonable than both creationism and evolution.

originally posted by: compressedFusion

It always comes back to the ultimate chicken and the egg.

Actually it's more like the old adage "it's turtles all the way down"

One could claim that abiogenesis and evolution have too many holes to believe; therefore it is more likely that humans were put on earth by aliens. But then that begs the question: "How did those aliens come to be?"

I suppose someone could answer "even earlier aliens created them". However, eventually there would have needed to be a "first alien race" (it can't be "turtles all the way down"), and that alien race would have needed to come from an abiogenesis event on their planet, and evolve on their planet...

...which in turn begs the question: "If we are to believe it is possible for those first aliens to have evolved on their planet, then why couldn't the same thing have been possible for humans on Earth?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

It always comes back to the ultimate chicken and the egg.

Actually it's more like the old adage "it's turtles all the way down"

One could claim that abiogenesis and evolution have too many holes to believe; therefore it is more likely that humans were put on earth by aliens. But then that begs the question: "How did those aliens come to be?"

I suppose someone could answer "even earlier aliens created them". However, eventually there would have needed to be a "first alien race" (it can't be "turtles all the way down"), and that alien race would have needed to come from an abiogenesis event on their planet, and evolve on their planet...

...which in turn begs the question: "If we are to believe it is possible for those first aliens to have evolved on their planet, then why couldn't the same thing have been possible for humans on Earth?

Exactly, and for those humans to eventually find that inferior alien race and tinker with their genetics to try and enable cross breeding of hybrids !

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Very interesting video, and although I do believe we are here today due to some sort of extraterrestrial intervention, i just think this story is an elaborate piece of fiction. A beautiful piece at that.

Thanks for the share.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Both evolution and creationism arguments are and/or have become methods of controlling the general population. It's not really about true origins of our species, even though they love to pretend that it is.

It always comes back to the ultimate chicken and the egg. Where did the universe come from? Where did God come from? I don't see how this theory is anymore satisfying when everything must have some type of beginning. I am interested to hear your thoughts.
Well, this story does not necessarily answer the question where life itself came from, but, it does give insight into where we, as a human species on earth, came from.
But from a logical standpoint regarding the origins of the universe or life or God, it always follows that something must have existed eternally for something else to come into existence. There is and must be an initial cause. Whether you call that 'thing' God, or the universe, or whatever else, it doesn't really matter. It's the universal principle of it that's important. We as beings with limited capacity that were born out of it and into it, will not reach the full understanding of the concept in our current form. We can only infer that it's there in a logical manner.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AblyEnergy
Very interesting video, and although I do believe we are here today due to some sort of extraterrestrial intervention, i just think this story is an elaborate piece of fiction. A beautiful piece at that.

Thanks for the share.
Well, in my book it has more merit than a lot of other views out there. Whether it's fiction, well, it would be better if it was...

new topics

top topics

join