It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence Referendum And Democracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Looking at some of the posts on other threads, it would appear that democracy only works if the side you support actually wins the vote.
If the side you backed looses, then democracy has failed.

If those people really think democracy has failed, i suggest you go to Zimbabwe during election time and see how democracy really does fail.

Sour grapes is the menu of the day.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
bahumbug

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Looking at some of the posts on other threads, it would appear that democracy only works if the side you support actually wins the vote.
If the side you backed looses, then democracy has failed.

If those people really think democracy has failed, i suggest you go to Zimbabwe during election time and see how democracy really does fail.

Sour grapes is the menu of the day.

I think the vote seamed fair. There were a few that tried to cast more than one vote. But not over 200 000 People.

It is always sad to be on the minority in such a important vote.

This No vote changes nothing. A yes vote vould have changed everything. But we will never know.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
there is no democrazy in england its all fixed ,so was this vote,zimbabwe is not even relevent,get out on the streets of england speak to the real english,why are you thinking the vote was fair and impartial,ha bbc has been trying to swing this to a no any way , most of what there reporting kept repeating its a no ,sounds like brain washing and vote fixing to me ,unless the bbc are psychic.......

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
there is no democrazy in england its all fixed ,so was this vote,zimbabwe is not even relevent,get out on the streets of england speak to the real english,why are you thinking the vote was fair and impartial,ha bbc has been trying to swing this to a no any way , most of what there reporting kept repeating its a no ,sounds like brain washing and vote fixing to me ,unless the bbc are psychic.......

Looks like you have already had your first course of " Sour Grapes "

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yeah it's disappointing that people can't be proud with the discourse and the turnout within our democracy. I was an ardent Yes supporter but I also realised that whatever the outcome we had to respect the fact that almost half our country was going to feel hard done by. The fact is we need to take it on the chin and move on, lets make sure that the passion we put into our decision is followed up on within the UK and get the desired changes we want from within it.

It was great show of democracy and we should all be proud of that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

See Here Petition for Recount

This is why people don't feel like democracy doesn't work

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
how is the truth sour grapes ,thats just your biased opinion,when the facts are this ,even we the english did not vote this present goverment in,thats a corrupt system from the start,in a democrazy it should be a revote ,so this forced puppet goverment of which the queens cousin is the head ,if they where forced on us what makes you think they where not forced on scotland????????

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod

See Here Petition for Recount

This is why people don't feel like democracy doesn't work

Totally pathetic.

If you think that democracy doesn't work then answer this question.

Why did The U.K. government agree for a referendum to take place? They could have said NO.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here's fairness and democracy for you..

After the vote..
How the Media Shafted the People of Scotland

Before the Vote..
BBC Licence fees to double in a independent Scotland

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yep Scotland has decided, if you don't like it you are free to move to another country for your "FREEEDOMMM!".

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

After the vote..

Before the Vote..

It should be made compulsory for ALL MEDIA OUTLETS to support 100 % any YES vote for National Independence

Sieg Heil

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

After the vote..

Before the Vote..

It should be made compulsory for ALL MEDIA OUTLETS to support 100 % any YES vote for National Independence

Sieg Heil

Any more of this and that date we have planned is off..you'll be walking on the beach yourself. You Slaaaaaag..

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

After the vote..

Before the Vote..

Sieg Heil

Any more of this and that date we have planned is off..you'll be walking on the beach yourself. You Slaaaaaag..

Looks like a solitary stroll for me then

Why has you clock stopped ticking ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Excuse me? We the English didn't vote in our current government?

Course we did,and were glad to get rid of labour who have a habit of destroying this country

labour IMO are anti English with big chips on their shoulders and always stir the class warfare pot

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Its telling that most of the more vocal supporters of the 'Yes' campaign I know in 'real life' and here on ATS have accepted the vote and recognised the need to harness the mood for change and move forward.

Most of the disgruntlement over the conduct of the actual vote and its count seems to be coming from places outside of where the vote actually took place.

Scotland should be proud today of the way it has conducted itself and how it has led the way and shown rUK that we can stand up to Westminster and demand change.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think this image speaks volumes for most scottish.

And the FOllowing for the rest of the free nations.

edit on 14000000pppm by yuppa because: inspiration

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

It is very patronising of you to even think that the 'YES' voters are

brainless and so easily swayed in their judgements .... that's around half of

the whole population of Scotland you are condemning as being brainless

zombies !!

Anyone for any reason can, at any time of their lives change their minds if

they want to it is their prerogative.

In every type of contest be it athletics, games, gambling or voting, there are

always 'WINNERS' and 'LOSERS' that's the name of the game ... that's life!

The main thing is that we should always learn to WIN or LOSE with grace and with

out ill feeling

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It was a good vote. Democracy is all about putting this type of thing to the vote, support it or not, there should be the right to vote on this stuff.

My only concern is a video I saw that appeared to show voter fraud. It was just a youtube video and I was unable to find any other credible sources.

It's those people that don't even want people voting on stuff that concern me. Let the people decide, in every nation, for every cause.

new topics

top topics

join