It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

After noting how DC Comics and Marvel earned billions at the box office, comedian Stephen Colbert decided to sell his own superhero story. On his Sept. 19 “The Colbert Report,” the host joked that, instead of Jesus, a banana was crucified. He marketed his plot to San Diego’s Comic-Con attendees. “All of mankind is saved by the banana,” he explained.

When his first superhero creation, “Prince Hawkcat,” didn’t attract “adoring fans,” Colbert introduced his “animated Christmas movie called ‘Manana-Manana.’” “It’s the story of Jesus Christ, told from the point of view of a banana,” he clarified.

www.mrc.org... fied-saves-everybody-not-jesus

I am going to take the crazy train on this one and say that the Holy Spirit was with him when he told this story. I believe this is as close to the truth as anyone has ever come and the whole story was sealed with a kiss by Judas. Of coarse the banana was a symbol of another person and not a fruit persay. If anyone finds a youtube please hook up a link. Thank you all

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here is a link to the video of the event where stephen introduces prince hawkcat.
Prince Hawkcat Manana Banana

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the link just a blank white space where the article should be?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The links seem good on my end. You can search google for colbert manana banana.
I will warn you though that i am not asking anyone to agree with me on this one but like i said in the op it is truth even though it was formed out of a pure joking manner.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Errrrmmm... huh?

And I ask that nonsensical proto-question with the greatest respect and humility.

I often think Colbert is possessed by the great spirit... but I also think that of any great arteest.

What is the "true" narrative he speaks of, in your view? Are you suggesting we were saved from some inherent sin by an imposter fruit?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I can't wait for "I'm the banana of god and so can you!" Book

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well there are blanks in the life of Jesus. Not much can be found of him for many years. Those would be the banana years.lol Then we have the kiss of judah that i would say most believers have a problem with and it really seems out of place. The story of a friend would fill in those blanks. If you fast foward to modern day you can find many unknowns about the level of technology found in the us. Take the james holmes mess.All his work seemed to surround around changing the past and time travel. If time travel exist then we have all seen the different implications portrayed in the movies where changing things in the past could alter the future. So any incursion into the past would be kept very low key and specific.

Sure much of what steve (can i call him steve?) can easily be chalked up to silly antics or attention grabbing. One needs to look into ones fruits to know at what level they operate at. Take the ole colbert bump. It is hard to dismiss that something is going on with this guy. In my view he is not either of the characters he created or portrayed in the skit but was deeply involved with the spirit bringing this to light.

eta never trust a dude in a tunic that's time travel 101

Perhaps the best way to look at it is to ask what parts can not be true. For me it is all possible and also strikes the cord of truth with me. Opening up several visions and layers of what i have been saying on this website for a while now. I have been delving into all the aspects of the skit most of my time on here and my threads allthough poorly written and poorly recieved by most have tried to show the relationships between us and everything around us. Including we are animals we are plants and we are planets and that ideas like time travel and holografic simulations of everything around us are not fantasy but just precursory thoughts to a very close future if not a hidden present.

If you believe the bible then it should be no big leap of thought that GOD could turn a bananna into a person. He has turned sticks into snakes and the mental leaps needed to ask could this be true are not those of an olympic nature but mere baby steps to a believer. I have long had visions of a grand plan and visions of one talking with who i call Jesus as he volenteered to take a place for the one at the cross as it was very necessary to the plan but i could never know why the one in the vision could not be there himself.

I have many visions of a young boy being hurried and rushed through the fabric of time with never a second to spare to get answers to what is going on but always being led. When i was young the Jesus that died on the cross came to me before he died. I have said this a few times on here but i was restored my life after being burnt to death in a ceramonial fire. For me the words father why have you forsaken me was said while waiting on a young boy to get the courage to face some modern day monsters. It was done and now here we are. A couple weeks ago he arrived back to a place very near me but has not come foward just yet but i feel we are very close. Anyhow damn good job steve done there.
edit on 19-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have many visions of a young boy being hurried and rushed through the fabric of time with never a second to spare to get answers to what is going on but always being led. When i was young the Jesus that died on the cross came to me before he died. I have said this a few times on here but i was restored my life after being burnt to death in a ceramonial fire. For me the words father why have you forsaken me was said while waiting on a young boy to get the courage to face some modern day monsters. It was done and now here we are. A couple weeks ago he arrived back to a place very near me but has not come foward just yet but i feel we are very close. Anyhow damn good job steve done there.
a reply to: deadeyedick

Im sorry but what?

I cant make heads or tails of anything youre saying........

Before he died or you died?

You were burned to death in a sacrificial fire?

Im so confused, this all seems a bit schizophrenic to me , no offense at all meant bud im just really confused

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well of coarse one would need a medical diagnosis in order to come to terms with anything hard to understand. No offense but you will not get it no matter how i say it. Even if you did begin to understand it then you would reject it. It would be best for now to just keep me in the crazy catagory. There is an obligation i have to forfill by writing the truth but the reader can be in danger because of my writing style. I would not want any to loose themselves because of unbelievible tales. Bottom line is that yes i died and was reborn or healed the he died on the cross. Again a wise man would just leave this to be undicided by way of not enough clarity and not reject it just yet. If anything i say holds true then it could be said that i got the power and he got the brains.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Well of coarse one would need a medical diagnosis in order to come to terms with anything hard to understand. No offense but you will not get it no matter how i say it. Even if you did begin to understand it then you would reject it. It would be best for now to just keep me in the crazy catagory. There is an obligation i have to forfill by writing the truth but the reader can be in danger because of my writing style. I would not want any to loose themselves because of unbelievible tales. Bottom line is that yes i died and was reborn or healed the he died on the cross. Again a wise man would just leave this to be undicided by way of not enough clarity and not reject it just yet. If anything i say holds true then it could be said that i got the power and he got the brains.

So youre basically saying anyone who is having a tough time stringing together what youre saying isnt "wise"....

Thats good to know, you seem to make a lot of assumptions on if the people reading this would "get it" or not.....

Perhaps they would, perhaps they wouldnt , but just because they dont doesnt make them unwise, why do some people think that when people dont understand its someone ELSES problem and not how they are presenting it?

Also, you Died and were reborn again and healed, THEN he died on the cross? Are we to presume that you are older then the story of Jesus....

See how this isnt coming together?

Anyway, thread is interesting at any rate.......

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That is not what i was saying. I say that if you can't put it together it would be wise to withold judgment of it because eventhough i put out for not many to understand that does not make it untrue. With more clairifaction that will not come you and most others would know it is truth. I have reasons that will remain unknown. All in all i say it would be wise to remain open on the subject even though i gave soo many reasons to not believe me or the seemingly insane content.

As far as my age im 38 and have died many times in this life but that is a whole other thread. There are gates or portals one can be led through and there is also the binding of spirits in one body. Part of us carries on and part remains unseen and part is flesh. It all gets very confusing. I have always hid true meaning in my words.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Well there are blanks in the life of Jesus. Not much can be found of him for many years.

That's because he didn't exist, and is a fictional character made up to tell a narrative. I'm not being mean, just using common sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Add it to your dictionaries folks, because Prince HawkCat is the man! Or is it the Cat...um....Hawk? Either way that is a damn formidable enemy. Especially if he were to keep "sweetness" with him. Unstoppable!

S & F

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: georgezip

I agree but must point out that manana banana is the true hero in the story. When hawkcat's back was against the wall and it looked as if the athiest were duping the prince along came an imaginary friend turned real using the dna of a banana he stepped up and gave his life on the cross so the prince could live on to stop them at the next turn. The dynamic duo comming soon to a rapture near you. thanks friend

top topics

join