It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams about "liberating" spirits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
First of all, I have NEVER believed in spirits. I've never been sure whether or not I was right, but I still can tell that, somewhere deep inside of me, when I die, that'll be it for me. No afterlife. I'll just cease to exist. However, what happens to others is not all that certain, I guess. That said, here we go:

A long time ago, I had a dream where I was in a house with my parents and my dog. It was like a reality show, where each room had a task. If we didn't get the task done, we'd be attacked or cursed or something by some spirits, that was the premise of the "game". So okay, we got it all done and it was all great. We left the house and it was revealed that the "game" was hosted by the spirits themselves and we had done all that so they could be freed and "go on". I suddenly felt really cold and a voice whispered in my ear "the funny thing is that you still believe that we don't exist". And I woke up.

Last night, I dreamt that I was in a hotel. People were living there, it was really dirty, the place had been abandoned. Suddenly, I was alone and I felt there was something wrong, so I started running down the stairs. There was blood everywhere and I found a wall where this was written with blood: "they have killed themselves here, so their spirits and their blood will remain here forever". I was really scared, but part of me told me it was a dream, so I jumped from the stairs so that I would die and wake up.

I ended up returning somewhat to the dream once I fell asleep again. I was back in an abandoned hotel room with MANY people. I was helping them pick clothes. Then, they said that a "police officer" was there and they were afraid he'd tell them to leave. He went inside our room and he couldn't see the people with me. He did, however, see me. I was flabbergasted and asked him how he could possibly miss all the others, but see me. He said that they were all dead, and that I could see them because I had been there when they killed themselves. I was told by him that I had to leave the hotel, and so I did. Once again, I woke up.

As I fell asleep once more, I was somewhere else and the police officer told me that I could help them. I had to take a test and they'd be able to get out of the hotel and "go on". I agreed to that and that was what I did. When I was done, they were able to leave the hotel. They were smiling and happy. I woke up.

After that, I woke up for good, got up, had breakfast, read some stuff here. I was really tired, though, so I ended up going back to my room for a nap. I dreamt about random stuff, like checking Facebook and my parents being mad at me for whatever reason. Then, the dream changed. There was something written on the wall. It was a message. The person who had written that was telling me how they knew that the dreaming world was fun and that they knew I did all sorts of things while I was there. But, since I was able to do so much in it, that meant that I could do stuff to help many of them.

So now... I'm freaking out a little. The dreams were NOT scary. The "spirits" were happy. I was not threatened in any way. I was, apparently, doing them a favour by helping them move on. And yet, I woke up really scared. It was a terrifying experience, for some reason. And I know some people will say it was just a dream. That's the thing. I love dreams. I used to practise lucid dreaming. I used to have a dream journal. I've had the most vivid dreams ever. This felt different. I've had more vivid dreams than those two. But these felt real.

Anyway. I'm not sure what I want from anyone here. I just really needed to spit it out, in a way. As I said, I don't know what to believe. I'm not religious, I don't have any beliefs. But... this felt different. I'm talking to my girlfriend about this and I honestly feel like I'm telling her that I suddenly believe in Santa Claus.

So yeah. I guess I just needed to put this out there somehow. If you've read all this, thank you. And if you have anything to say about it, please, tell me.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What was the "test" you had to do to free the spirits in the motel?

Maybe you were feeling some fear because you had some ontological shock. Its when youre whole idea of reality is changed. It happens when someone is abducted by aliens, or someone deeply ingrained into the status quo/official story belief and they suddenly discover and realize there is a monsterous new world order conspiracy. It goes away eventually.

It would be a shock to see spirits and interact with them especially when you never believed in them.

I dont know man it could be real. Id be interested to know what tasks you did to free them. In the movie Stir of Echoes, a spirit haunts a man leading him to clues that allows him to discover her body and who murdered her. She was either stuck or refused to go until the truth about her murder was known, plus the family was able to give her a proper burial. I have also heard of a "real life" ghost story about a grandmother who haunted her families home until her bible was located under the couch. I dont remember exactly why it was so important to her but maybe sometimes just finding an item, righting a wrong, completing a task they never got to finish in their lifetime, etc, could release spirits. Who knows.

Personally I believe in them. Good and bad ones. But I do not claim to know how everything works with them.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Thanks for sharing your dreams.

So you say that you don't believe in spirits, and the afterlife, ....but according to your dreams some part of you does.

One of your egos is not buying this (there is no afterlife story) hence the dreams about spirits to prove you wrong.

Or,
And this is a big OR.... some spirits are actually trying to reach out to you and let you know how wrong you are.

I'm not here to convince you they exist, it's your life, your path to walk and discover so you'll have to decide which explanation makes you feel better.

a.) it was your subconscious

b.) it was a spirit

c.) you watched a scary movie recently about spirits and hotel rooms.
(There is a good one called "Mirrors" with Kiefer Sutherland.)

edit on 18/9/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Interestingly enough, the test was a written test. I don't remember the questions anymore, though... but I literally sat down, read the questions and wrote down the answers on the paper. Once I was done, the police officer read them and decided that I had done well enough to release the spirits.

The other dream was even more absurd. The tasks were all bizarre, it really was like a reality show type of thing. There was running around in the room and even karaoke. But, on this one, for some reason, the goal was to get to the end of the house. I never felt like the tasks themselves were important. What I had to do was go through all the rooms, I guess?

Ontological shock, huh? Yeah, that does sound that could be the reason for my frightened state. It makes a lot of sense, to be honest.

The message that said I could help them scared me the most, though. It felt like a confirmation of what happened and almost like a promise it'll happen again. If it does, I'll go with it and pay more attention to what has to be done. Maybe dig around to understand why I have to do all that.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and to reply.
I feel slightly insane at the moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You might be a dreamwalker.
www.dawneagle.com...

"Dreamwalker"

A dreamwalker is one who works with and within the dream to understand, to create, to heal, to meet with elderhearts, to journey this realm (out of body), to work with other worlds and realms, to teach, … to be one with the ultimate ONE. Ways to enter the dreamtime are many. Shamanic journeying with drums can take one to the dreamworld. Lucid dreaming is a pathway for many individuals. Some people 'just do it' without any methodology. The many forms of meditation give pathways to the dreamworld. Channeling is a connection with dreamtime.

Peyote ceremony is a path for Native Americans. Sweat lodges can be doorways to dream realms. So, what is this thing called "dream realm"? In the most simple conceptual framework, it is any of many alternate realities. Realities are multiple in nature. There are other worlds similar to ours. I am aware of and work with about eight world places. There are realities I cannot begin to describe.

I only know of them through personal experience. I could not have thought of them with my mind and cannot think of them now with my mind thoughts. One of those, I refer to as the geometry place - and it sounds as strange to my 'thinking' as it does to your thinking. But when I am there/it, it isn't strange at all. It is simply another reality. Of course there are also divine realms. Those are the most "blissful" to be with.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

That's a good point. Since I cannot be sure of what happens after we die, I think there'll always be a "what if?" situation in my mind. However, I really do feel that, once I die, that'll be it for me. That is very obvious to me and I honestly don't doubt it at all.

As for what happens to others... I'm open to more theories. Maybe each person goes somewhere. Maybe some people go on. Maybe others die and are done. I don't know and I don't pretend to do so. It's the biggest mystery of life, I guess...

But you are absolutely right. It was either my subconscious telling me that I am, somehow, not being honest with myself, or it really did happen. Either way, only time will tell. I'm not about to make a decision while still shaken about the whole thing, but I will think about this very seriously from now on.

Thank you for replying!

(And I haven't seen "Mirrors" yet, but I might give it a try some other time... thanks for the suggestion!
)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I've never heard of this before, but it is a very interesting theory. I can't explain it, but... while I was reading this, it just made sense to me? Dreams are truly fascinating to me, so I'll definitely read more about this! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting dreams...
Someone could copywriter this into a novel or film...
Maybe you should copywrite it first and foremost...

Secondly get back to lucid dreaming and the journal...
It'll be easier to decypher on your end...

We could speculate all day...
But until you connect the dots on your every journey it'll be hard to put together the puzzle with only some of the pieces...

I'm not going to try to convince you of the unseen...
But sometimes you have to accept the signs you receive...
Some wish for them on a daily basis...
Atheists, not being selective per se, but they always want to see the signs and miss them or are not shown for whatever reason...
So you should embrace the signs to the fullest...

I will say this...
We are all energetic beings...
What is the conduit for our energy when our vessel shuts down...
At either 8yo or 80yo...

You have a gift imo...
You should use it...

edit on 18-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks!
I do enjoy writing, maybe I should do that... awesome idea!

I agree that lucid dreaming and having a dream journal are both good instruments, especially considering the circumstances. I'll return to them immediately, as I really want to figure out what this is, be it supernatural or just my subconscious.

I honestly have no idea if I have a gift, I have never believed in that... but, as I have said, I'm open to theories and I'll go for it until I find answers. If those were signs, I'm not going to ignore them and I'll do some research, both in waking life and in my dreams.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Sounds as though you have lucid dreams, which is a good thing because of the awareness and ability to control them to some degree. There was a time when I dreamed in a manner such as you do. It was exhilarating, I couldn't wait to get to sleep most nights. I like the dream walker scenario mentioned above. Perhaps you have a gift of some kind and it's coming to the surface for you now. That would be interesting. Just think what a path that would be to walk.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jayna

I used to have many lucid dreams back in the day... I did reality checks all the time and had goals for when I got lucid. It was all very fun and I loved it. I am definitely going back to it, especially since it'll probably help me explore this.

The dreamwalker theory is really interesting, I agree. It makes sense to me, which is important.

I'm weary of going down the "gift" path. I'm weird and odd in many ways, but I'm kinda average when it comes to skills. I've never had a gift (although I do enjoy writing and wish that I was gifted in that area) and I don't see myself having such an amazing gift as this one.

But we shall see what happens now... I'll work on my lucid dreaming, explore what can be explored and post here whatever I find out.

Thank you for your reply!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Dream work to assist. Some people do missions in their sleep.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Hey, there!
Do you have more information on that? I'm not sure yet what's going on with me, so I'd like to read about all the theories that could be applied to this situation. Thank you!

As for a little update... nothing has happened so far. I have started doing reality checks and I'm also writing a dream journal again, trying to get back to lucid dreaming. No luck yet, but it's been a couple days, so I'm not disappointed.

Thanks for your input and time, everyone!

top topics

join