It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Court Renews NSA Phone Surveillance Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Source

Surprised I haven't seen this yet. Did a search and nothing.

Last Friday, a United States federal court renewed an order that allows the National Security Agency (NSA) to collect phone records on nearly all calls made within the country.

Apparently the conversation has been fruitless. They continue to do whatever they want they have dirt on everybody.

To powerful?

This extension is the third of its kind since January, when President Obama pledged to reform how the NSA spies on American citizens. Obama outlined a series of immediate steps that would be taken to reform government surveillance and enhance transparency, but noted he was waiting for Congress to deliver a him a bill to sign before ending the bulk collection of U.S. phone data.

They work with opposites. So expect the opposite of everything they say and do.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Source

Surprised I haven't seen this yet. Did a search and nothing.

Last Friday, a United States federal court renewed an order that allows the National Security Agency (NSA) to collect phone records on nearly all calls made within the country.

Apparently the conversation has been fruitless. They continue to do whatever they want they have dirt on everybody.

To powerful?

This extension is the third of its kind since January, when President Obama pledged to reform how the NSA spies on American citizens. Obama outlined a series of immediate steps that would be taken to reform government surveillance and enhance transparency, but noted he was waiting for Congress to deliver a him a bill to sign before ending the bulk collection of U.S. phone data.

They work with opposites. So expect the opposite of everything they say and do.

How can any nations leader avoid giving into this? There is no physical evidence that can prove terrorism is sponsored by the west and when it is it just becomes a muddy obfuscation-fest. For all intents and purposes terrorism is real and is a threat to the US. How can you make steps to roll back the efforts to stop attacks before happen without looking like you support terrorism?

I am no Obama fan, but whether he agrees with it or not, domestic spying must continue. That is how the terror extortion works so well. If any policy comes forth that limits agencies abilities to collect information, as though the threat has been down-played, all that is needed is another attack or an arrest of potential attackers that proves rolling back efforts to stop terrorism will get people killed. The irony is that the only way to tell who is really a terrorist and who is not is to collect information on everyone. this is lose-lose for privacy no matter how you look at it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yeah, that's why their surveillence has stopped so many domestic attacks. /sarcasm off.

Every time they 'stopped' something the FBI convinced the guy to do it and gave him the supplies.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

MALBOSIA, did you go to college and earn a BS in Shillology from Professor Shillary Clinton? Or was it a BS in Trollology?

No offense, but lightedhype is 100% dead on. And you sir are shoveling s#!t straight into the food supply, poisoning the masses.

I can tell you how to get rid of terrorism. Problem is there is money to be made off it.

edit on 16-9-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Then why don't you two get yourself elected and stop the programs. Then you will see what I am talking about. I don't want to be spied on, I don't care about other peoples business and I have no fear of terrorism past being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when those that wish to spy on us stage another attack to get me to believe them. Since there will be no proof to the contrary that the attack was done by Muslim extremists or anti-government domestic terrorists or what ever, then leaders will have no choice but to act or they will be torn apart by the media and political oppositions that wait for moments like these to exploit for political gain. If Obama stood up on the mic and said that he does not believe the ISIS threat is real and that it is staged by elements inside the his government and their allies, he would be laughed at.

I am in no way agreeing with the program, I am just saying that I know a trap when I see one.
edit on 16-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

top topics

join