It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden, Assange and Dotcom together for a Moment Of Truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
In New Zealand we are sitting a week out from our national election.

Kim Dotcom whom some of you may be familiar with resides here and is going through the legal process in a bid by the US to have him extradited for copyright breaches.

Dotcom has joined forces with another political party here forming his own party called Internet Mana and they working on garnering votes from the New Zealand public.

Dotcom hosted and event this evening at one of our major cities town halls and managed to get both Julian Assange and Edward Snowden via a weblink as online live guests adding their 2c to the conversation around the 5 eyes network of surveillance and the TPPA (trans pacific partnership agreement)

Check the youtube link here - www.youtube.com...=1251

A very interesting couple of hours for those interested in topics like metadata, spying, sovereignty, big business or New Zealand politics.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wikileaks is a useful tool for whistelblowers, at least it used to be. It's also gotten a few people locked up during the process of trying to send leaked material. Wikileaks was a great idea, and is still a useful websight.

With that said I'm not a fan of Assange.

Snowden on the other hand is one of the bravest people on planet earth. Exposing the NSA and the United States 1984esque surveillance machine has earned him a place in my heart forever. Any one who enjoys freedom, or who is willing to fight for the rights we are all born with should admire Edward J. Snowden. His contributions as a whistleblower are the greatest I have seen in my lifetime. Even other whistle blowers like Thomas Drake, and William Binney, who were equally brave, could not ever match the success Snowden achieved with his leaks to the Guardian.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Wikileaks is a useful tool for whistelblowers, at least it used to be. It's also gotten a few people locked up during the process of trying to send leaked material. Wikileaks was a great idea, and is still a useful websight.

With that said I'm not a fan of Assange.

Snowden on the other hand is one of the bravest people on planet earth. Exposing the NSA and the United States 1984esque surveillance machine has earned him a place in my heart forever. Any one who enjoys freedom, or who is willing to fight for the rights we are all born with should admire Edward J. Snowden. His contributions as a whistleblower are the greatest I have seen in my lifetime. Even other whistle blowers like Thomas Drake, and William Binney, who were equally brave, could not ever match the success Snowden achieved with his leaks to the Guardian.

Couldn't agree more, well said! These are the people who are really fighting for our freedom. Not the military.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Some more info about the topics Snowden hit on at the conference OP shared with us:

XKeyscore

XKeyscore, the documents boast, is the NSA's "widest reaching" system developing intelligence from computer networks – what the agency calls Digital Network Intelligence (DNI). One presentation claims the program covers "nearly everything a typical user does on the internet", including the content of emails, websites visited and searches, as well as their metadata.

ABC News article on the event.

"There are actually NSA facilities in New Zealand that the GCSB is aware of and that means the prime minister is aware of," Snowden said. "And one of them is in Auckland."--Snowden
edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: sp sp sp

new topics

top topics

join