It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinosaurus fossil: 'Giant swimming dinosaur' unearthed..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

A giant fossil, unearthed in the Sahara desert, has given scientists an unprecedented look at the largest-known carnivorous dinosaur: Spinosaurus.

The 95-million-year-old remains confirm a long-held theory: that this is the first-known swimming dinosaur.

Scientists say the beast had flat, paddle-like feet and nostrils on top of its crocodilian head that would allow it to submerge with ease.

www.bbc.com...
Jurassic Park 3 (3/10) Movie CLIP - Spinosaurus vs. T-Rex (2001) Who says you can not learn from movies of fiction ? They really did do their research on the critters portrayed in all the Jurassic Park movies even though they left off the feathers and down of the Raptors.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

OMG OMG!!!!

I'm so damn excited thank you! If any dinosaur can turn me back into the absolute dino fan I was when I was younger it would most definitely be Spinosaurus!

Such a strange and very much adapted dinosaur its amazing to know a skeleton is out there and has been found after the only other was lost in WWII.

This looks very crocodilian, it is interesting to see the shortness of the legs - it could be possible that this is normal for all Spinosauroids or that what has been found here is a very aquatic type. It must be remembered however that the skeleton doesn't have full providence and could potentially be made up from a number of Spinosaurs.

S&F indeed

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wow. Nice clips. Thank you. Think I'll watch Jurassic Park again this afternoon. ...and do a bit of research on the Loch Ness Monster.

F&S&

join