It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The social security scam, what's your hard earned money? and what is an entitlement ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah some people are not bothering to read what has been written.

Are you even reading what YOU are writing?

Personal contributions to the SS funds DO NOT COVER THE money received from the program.

The money WHO receives? Certainly not everyone who pays into the Social Security system. Many will pay in to it for decades but never live to become eligible to draw a cent.

The program does, however, pay out benefits to some who may become disabled, and for a few others who will live quite long lives and may eventually draw out more than they have paid in.

I don't believe either of these exceptions are a majority though as most like myself who will likely receive retirement benefits are not going to see a return as we would have if we were paying into a private account we would set up for ourselves.

Since OTHER PEOPLE ARE PAYING the difference makes it entitlement.

Perhaps for those who are receiving disability payments that could be a somewhat true statement, however for the majority who would be receiving retirement benefits the amount of those payments are based what the person has paid into it. Most retirees will likely not see the amounts that were paid into their SS accounts, especially if interest and inflation were factored in.

Someone else is paying you all.

Really? ALL of us? By what logic do you arrive at this? Surely you don't think that would apply to all those who paid into their Social Security accounts for decades but never lived to see a penny of it - I know of many such instances, many more of those than I know of people drawing disability payments from it.

I Do not know what is so hard to understand about that.

You got me there. But if I may venture a guess, could it be that others responding here may understand this a bit better than yourself?

If a person WAS FULLY funding that benefit themselves then it would be a different story.

That is a fact.

And the fact is many actually MORE than fully fund the benefits they would receive.

WE ALL are partially funding that program.

All of us who contribute to the Social Security system do partially fund those who may actually receive more than they have paid in, granted. I will quite unlikely be one of them though.

In about six months I will be eligible to begin receiving retirement benefits through Social Security. I have had money paid in to my account for well over four decades, much in the same way I have put money in the bank and expect I will be able to draw most of it out. The exception though, according to the program's own rules and regulations, I am NOT ENTITLED to see a single cent of it if they decide to change or discontinue the program.

No Entitlement.

edit on 10-9-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Are you even reading what YOU are writing?

Yep apparently some aren't because for some odd reason some people thinks 6% we pay equals 100% of the benefit received.

For the life of me why so many people are being WILLFULLY obtuse.

Really? ALL of us? By what logic do you arrive at this?

Let's see the national debt that accounts for over 17 trillion dollars.

www.usdebtclock.org...

The revenue shortfall under payroll taxes from this page.

Since PAYROLL taxes is suppose to fund SS.

And it clearly DOESN'T.

The Social Security Liability at the bottom of the page that is over 15 trillion dollars.

The money 'owed' to the program.

No Entitlement.

For the umpteenth time it is a GD entitlement.

People are getting paid by someone else.

But hell IGNORE it. Since so many are.

I am NOT ENTITLED to see a single cent of it if they decide to change or discontinue the program.

No one is.

I suggest looking up Fleming v. Nestor, and Hellvring V Davis.

Social Security is not an insurance program at all. It is simply a payroll tax on one side and a welfare program on the other. Your Social Security benefits are always subject to the whim of 535 politicians in Washington.

www.cato.org...

edit on 10-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

They can't handle 7 billion people. The only thing they are doing is making sure they die an ugly death. I still have faith in humanity. 99% of them anyway. If they don't and go along with it, they deserve it. Find your nuts men.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If we are too broke to take care of our elderly who have worked all their lives (me). Then how do we afford to spend $7,500,000 a day fighting ISIS? People who hate our guts and never contributed blood or money for the United States. I don't care if I don't get back every penny I paid into it. I came out of the 08crash a lot better than my friends with my social security and a trust fund built for 38 years for retirement. My social security pays for my medical so it goes right back into the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join