It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's hard for me to believe that this is a real place, but I guess it is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KarensHoliday

Iran is one of the very least advertised tourist destinations in the world,despite all the natural,historical and cultural beauties Iran remains one of the least explored countries in the world...Thanks to decades of negative propaganda covering the real beauty of the region not too many people have the courage or the opportunity to discover the real pearl of Asia,and to enjoy thousands of years of civilization and heritage...I suggest you to also search for Isfahan and Persepolis, you would love the Mosqes,bridges and the city itself.Persepolis was the capital of the Persian empire from 250 BC until Alexander burned it down in his conquest of Persia and India...There are tons of other attractions in Iran which will hopefully to be opened to all to experience and enjoy if the politics do not get in the way.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wow, add seeing that in person to the list.
Super cool.

Yeah, right after converting to Islam.

Infidels need not apply.

I believe you are mistaken here. While I am sure there are some religious sites they do not allow access too I have heard that mosques are not one of them.
So leave that out of the thread and marvel at the beauty of what is shown

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I would love to go and experience this.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is very beautiful, and beautiful is an understatement. The hours, and all the paint. A lot of hours went into painting this place, and more so to keep it this lush condition. The pictures look CGI and yet it is very real!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Its like a room inside charlies chocolate factory.

How wonderful, its like what a church might look like if you had eaten some interesting .... substances lets just say.

WoW - stunning. Can you imagine being the interior designer for that? That must have taken some serious time and patience to direct the artists and builders and such to get it to look like that.

Just amazingly pretty and bright, perhaps not what the designer might want to hear - but id love for my bathroom to look something like that

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Hushabye
They're so beautiful, yes? If you're female, you will only ever get to see it through pictures or only the outside of the building.

Women are allowed in the Mosque.

Yeah they are allowed in Mosques but they have a seperate area too the men and its always out of the main mosque bit, they wouldn't be in this area as its the main area but would still see it no doubt.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

its like what a church might look like if you had eaten some interesting .... substances lets just say.

A nice bowl of mushroom soup, say...

A truly amazing feat of human creativity. I would love to visit, and see other sights in the area as well. Sadly, I've been conditioned to fear visiting countries such as Iran. ("Danger, Will Robinson!")

I also fear getting put on a 'list' for booking a trip there --but that is probably a more realistic fear.

edit on 9/9/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

camera overexposure

plus panoramic views, that's what it is

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Wow, add seeing that in person to the list.
Super cool.

Yeah, right after converting to Islam.

Infidels need not apply.

I believe you are mistaken here. While I am sure there are some religious sites they do not allow access too I have heard that mosques are not one of them.
So leave that out of the thread and marvel at the beauty of what is shown

"It is not for such as join gods with Allah, to visit or maintain the mosques of Allah while they witness against their own souls to infidelity. The works of such bear no fruit; In Fire shall they dwell".-Quran Sura 9, ayah 17.

"O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are un-clean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque". -Quran Sura 9, ayah 28

There are many more stipulations against Non-Muslims entering Mosques as well as specific areas restricted to Muslim women.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I lived in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia) for nearly 3 years, and we certainly weren't allowed in any mosques.

Truly beautiful buildings. Oddly enough, we were forbidden from even photographing them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
All the shapes, colors the architecture.... it's absolutely beautiful. It's almost looks like something out of a dream and not a real place. Cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I see a evil Islamic terrorist camp. I hate all muzzie crap.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
I see a evil Islamic terrorist camp. I hate

FTFY

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Congratulations. That has to be the most pig ignorant post I have ever had the displeasure of encountering on these boards.

If you fail to see the beauty and talent which is comprised in this building, then truly, your hatred has rendered you blind and foolish.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That is amazing.

And to the negative commenters regarding who is allowed to see it and what religion it is a part of I say it is irrelevant. I think it is wonderful when people are able to express their beliefs and faith in the creation of beauty, love, peace and inspiring places or ideas. A far better way to convince non-believers (of your own religion) that your religion might have something to offer them, than simply destroying non-believers. If you want converts that is the way to do it - make your religion make others feel good.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Amazing!

a reply to: Mura44

Second that, I don't really follow a predetermined religious path, but I find myself mystified when admiring religious and spiritual art such as this one, a glimpse of the artists devotion to the beauty of their religion or ideology.
I could add to the intricate detail of Islamic Geometry, the religious works of some Renaissance artists like Leonardo da Vinci, or the simple but profound zen paintings.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
Amazing!

a reply to: Mura44

I could add to the intricate detail of Islamic Geometry,

There is no such thing as "Islamic Geometry".

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I am not a Muslim but perhaps athousandlives was referring to the patterns often seen in Islamic places. Are there any Muslims here who can clarify?

Islamic geometry

Regardless of what it is called, I still think it is beautiful.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
a reply to: Psynic

Regardless of what it is called, I still think it is beautiful.

I agree, Islamic geometric decoration is very beautiful.

I find the colours, richness of detail and patterns very attractive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join