It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf 7 week old baby hears his mother’s voice for the first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The story if you're interested.

This video hit me in a pretty special way and I wanted to share. There are a few similar videos on this site and they are all a great reminder about what we take for granted. Technology has given sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf and legs to those who can't walk. May it forever bring peace and hope of sustaining the human race rather than us using it to destroy ourselves.

Here is another where the baby seems to have the opposite reaction. What a scary transition it must be. Babies usually get accustomed to sound by the subtle noises in the womb before hearing the world for the first time. His face is absolutely priceless.

edit on 8-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*wipes a tear away*

Thats beautiful, oddly im watching "Awakenings" the movie at the moment and this is just so exactly bang on the same sort of thing.

The little one is just blown away by this new sense and its adorable. ♥

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wonderful, wiped tears away. The first baby was smiling and joyful, the second was going to have to get used to it, he was rather shocked, but so sweet.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
These videos melted my heart and i had to wipe tears away too.. i love these kinds of videos! And babies! Bless them..

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well theyve got him in that horrible chair where he was happy in his silence ... UNTIL EVERYTHING STARTED SHOUTING AT HIM.............

Those are some of the most profound facial expressions ive ever seen.. Brings tears to my eyes.. Why wouldnt they take him out of his chair and comfort him? It looks like a car seat with a horrible safety label on the side. He could have deep psychological scars for life from these moments.
As a previous commenter pointed out most babies experience sound in the womb, his would have been the first time hed ever experienced SOUND, first of all they could have made him a least a bit more comfortable... Allowed him to move around to experience acoustics and other phenomenon babies notice instead of their senseles analaytic feedback...gosh there are just so many things wrong with this.... It'd be interesting to see a follow up video a few months or years later. I dont thnk that face will ever leave me.... Lol its priceless...
a reply to: eisegesis

edit on 9-9-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The first video is a lot better but I don't get it are they the same baby?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Good point! Especially considering the discomfort they would experience having those things inserted i would much rather cuddle my baby and make them feel secure than sit back and film it, both parents were there though surely one could have held them but who knows maybe thats the rules at the place they went too.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Theyre different babies
one was 7 weeks and i think the other (the scared one lol) was 5 weeks.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think the biggest diffrence here is that one baby got to equate the vibrations of his talking mother (which he would already know well and be comforted by) to the new sounds of her and the other baby didn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a cute little guy.

From watching both videos, I conclude that babies prefer Ozzy accents to American voices.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Those are so adorable! To think how much medical technology has become better and more accessible, is amazing! And proof like this is awesome ;-)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Well theyve got him in that horrible chair where he was happy in his silence ... UNTIL EVERYTHING STARTED SHOUTING AT HIM.............

Those are some of the most profound facial expressions ive ever seen.. Brings tears to my eyes.. Why wouldnt they take him out of his chair and comfort him? It looks like a car seat with a horrible safety label on the side. He could have deep psychological scars for life from these moments.
As a previous commenter pointed out most babies experience sound in the womb, his would have been the first time hed ever experienced SOUND, first of all they could have made him a least a bit more comfortable... Allowed him to move around to experience acoustics and other phenomenon babies notice instead of their senseles analaytic feedback...gosh there are just so many things wrong with this.... It'd be interesting to see a follow up video a few months or years later. I dont thnk that face will ever leave me.... Lol its priceless...

There are many other videos floating around of the same thing but with different age children. At 7 months old, babies are very expressive but you don't always no what they are doing. I was taken back the look of raw data flooding the baby's brain, unable to make any sense of it all, yet. I also think they are designed with the ability to amplify smaller sounds while also leveling off the volume of loud unexpected noises. At least this one can. Don't know about they early prototypes. I just think different babies, different results.

edit on 9-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join