It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAM!!!! My Super-Vivid Naptime Thread(No napping allowed!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Okay. So about 11:00am today, I decided that I was going to do something that I rarely do; Take a nap. I was feeling tired and run-down from this week. I've had vivid dreams before, but I've never had a vivid nap, so, I decided that I had better log this, just in case. Here it be:

So I crashed right in the middle of the bed, belly down. Slept non-stop 'til 4:00pm. Big nap, I know. I slept through quite a bit, according to my better half. According to her, she did a couple loads of laundry on me, and the kids got into a knock-down-drag-out at some point too. But I slept right through it.

In this vivid nap, There was a Dam that broke. A big Dam. Sheppard Smith narrated the whole thing. I kept hearing his voice over and over and over and...well, you get it. I saw this town and it was completely washed away and there was mud everywhere. Deep, silty mud. The Dam was completely gone, and at the bottom, I saw lots of guys in hard hats looking. I found myself walking into a very small one-room apartment. I saw the tooth brush and tooth paste on the bathroom sink as soon as I walked in. I then noticed some bottles of Old Spice(cologne, after shave) in the medicine cabinet. It was types that I've never heard of before. They were spray bottles and I was spraying them on my hand smelling them, curious as to how they smelled. One of them I really liked. It was like the Night Spice from the 80's. Water was about three inches deep in this room and there was a fine layer of mud/silt on top of it. There was also another liquid present;

There was this green-colored liquid, in small puddles. It looked like engine coolant. I had it on the bottom of my boots, and I noticed puddles of it on the aerial views, but Sheppard never spoke of this green stuff. I was trying to get out of this town but felt that I couldn't. The end.

*I want to note that I live near a pretty good-sized dam. But the dam in my dream looked different, yet still, I find it kind of eerie.

Sheppard Smith talked continuously talked about what a tragedy it was and I kept seeing aerial shots of video of the widespread damage.

*I also wanted to note that I asked my wife if she had the news on and she said NEVER!! She hates news. I asked her if anything was mentioned about a dam breaking on the radio, TV, anywhere, and she said no. I scanned through the news but didn't see anything, thankfully.
edit on 7-9-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot something

edit on 7-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh I love a good nap, and five hours, that's a nights sleep there! I find my best dreams are while napping. Never had a dream narrated though, that's interesting...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
I don't ever remember napping for more than an hour or two. This was a big nap. lol I usually get up around 4:30-5:00am everyday and today I felt tired. Like more tired than usual. So I crashed. But I feel great now. Today is a rainy ol' day, so, good day for a nap!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Get up every day at 5 myself, don't hit the hay till 11 or 12 at night. Allways ready for a nap.

I used to work as an auto mechanic, a couple times in the last few weeks I have been having odd dreams pertaining to that.

I'm working at a shop, things are going horribly, have to stay over to fix a problematic car to the point where the morning crew is showing up for work and I'm still there. Seems odd but I woke up feeling disturbed by that, bothered me for days. Strange how profoundly dreams can effect your life.

I love dreams though. Look forward to them, highlight of my boring existence most nights/nap times.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I envy your boring life.. I wake up at 4am weekdays and 5:30-6:30am on my days off.. I also stay up way too late. It's currently 12:21am and I have to be up in mere hours.. I know I dream but rarely ever remember.. any tips on how to have recall ?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Daytime dreams are usually more vivid because more light gets in through your eyelids.

top topics

join