It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA 4 scripting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some material for .net visual basic scripting.

The main reason is that I would like to learn to script for GTA4. (and 5 when it becomes available to me)

What I want to do is use GTA native functions to call for a gun model and have the script draw a light beam towards my camera direction with force , fire and a bullet impact.

So a laser gun.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I would love it if someone volunteered to write the thing. What I really want to do is learn to script using visual basic. There are some tutorials out there but I honestly cant understand them entirely. I am going through those, specifically GTAX scripting tutorials. I need something more on a beginner level.

Help?

edit on 9 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

People who write code aren't given enough credit for how complex it is. Most people who don't do it assume it's a matter of just looking up what you want and then copy-n-paste. So don't feel bad if you're a bit boggled in the mind. I work with it sometimes and it's never an easy thing for me as I have to basically "reverse engineer" any help I get just so it makes sense to me.

When you read most help, they are speaking to an audience who already knows the basics. Why don't you tell us what you are reading and what parts you don't understand that way people can get a better grasp of how far back you should go in getting a primer.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is there nothing similar already done? it'll probably be easier to modify someone elses work than go through it from scratch, a quick google of "gta 4 laser gun mod" brings up a few possible mods to have a play with

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think I will just keep reading and see if in a week I am no better off. There is nothing more I can do with other peoples work. Modifying available scripts has brought me only so far. I just need to study plain and simple if I want to create anything. I have already been studying existing scripts and I think I just need more of a foundation before I can understand the tutorials.

Thanks for the replies.

edit on 9 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join