It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISLAMISTS “Secure” US Embassy Compound in Tripoli

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what as "Grand Strategy" was in Libya? To me, we just smashed windows in and let the riot happen. It seems rather pointless to overthrow a Govt, but have no alternative ready to assume Governmental responsibilites and support. Shouldn't that have been step one of overthrowing Gaddafi in Libya? We turned Libya into a Somali failed State.

Call me silly.........

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They are really bad divers. I am too, but I know so it I don't try it from 2 stories up.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It seems rather pointless as you said, but the point was to stop Gadaffi from selling his oil in Gold and creating an African gold standard.

We could care less what happened after as long as that didn't happen. If it had been a legit organic revolution than the people probably would have started a new government and kept strangers out, but alot of them were insurgents that have no interest in preserving the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

That makes more sense than anything we have been told. It's not like all of a sudden Qaddafi became a "bad guy" once again. Relatively speaking , he was a non player in the world scene. It always comes do to Money (Gold) and Resources (Oil). If you don't have either of those, your country is relatively safe from invasion. Funny how that works out isn't it???????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join