It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cyber-Terror Bank Bailout: Tax payers may have to foot the bill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Jimmy Nail is running his hardware business in down town Averageville.
He works his 70 hours a week to keep his business afloat so he can pay his mortgage, feed his family and of course pay his taxes.

He is meticulous about his bookkeeping, he is proud of the fact that he took the time to learn MYOB and Internet Banking.
Jimmy turns up for work on Monday morning, early as usual, he turns on his computer and goes to put the kettle on to make his morning coffee while the computer warms up.

Gasp! sh*t, some bas**ard has hacked into my computer, OH F**k NO they have taken all my personal details, fk,fk,fk.

Relax Jimmy, contact your Government department and they will help bail you out using tax payer money. Oh! sorry your not a Bank, can't help you.

I'm sure Jimmy's insurance will cover all his losses if he has the right security system on his computer.... and the attack happened at precisely 12.01am on a Sunday morning and he can prove that he was sleeping with his girlfriend, not his wife.

Banking, the best business in town, all care no responsibility.

www.bloomberg.com...

Bankers and U.S. officials have warned that cyber-terrorists will try to wreck the financial system’s computer networks. What they aren’t saying publicly is that taxpayers will probably have to cover much of the damage.

Even if customers don’t lose money from a hacking assault on JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), the episode is a reminder that banks with the most sophisticated defenses are vulnerable. Treasury Department officials have quietly told bank insurers that in the event of a cataclysmic attack, they would activate a government backstop that doesn’t explicitly cover electronic intrusions, two people briefed on the talks said.

edit on 31-8-2014 by keenasbro because: To add

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I feel a conspiracy with all this cyber stuff. Since the government does nothing to catch these people unless you are very predominant and a big political contributor. Is it possible that the government wants us to be scared and broke? Could this all be a setup? Seems that money should not be able to be taken out of your accounts without verifying exactly where it is going. The government gets notified if you withdraw more than ten grand, can't we get notified instantly?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The population can't be notified instantly, we are to big, but not to big to fail.

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Another poorly executed script to get the sheeple and slactivists on board for the elimination of paper currency. Look out Amero, digital got you by the balls.

new topics

top topics

join