It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Pursuing Climate Accord in Lieu of Treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Not surprising, it looks like Obama & Co. is trying their best to circumvent Congress yet again.

This time its about some kind of backroom deal concerning carbon and climate change.

Apparently some kind of "negotiations" are being brokered for a deal next year that involves a "Treaty".

Involved are the big "economies" around the world.

Hmmm. Why not just "come clean" ??

As we already know, the Administration is ready to get some pretty hard deals "booked" involving the U.S. States to "get cleaner", especially the electric power generators.

Sounds like they're real "Serious" about climate change.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is working to forge a sweeping international climate change agreement to compel nations to cut their planet-warming fossil fuel emissions, but without ratification from Congress.

In preparation for this agreement, to be signed at a United Nations summit meeting in 2015 in Paris, the negotiators are meeting with diplomats from other countries to broker a deal to commit some of the world’s largest economies to enact laws to reduce their carbon pollution. But under the Constitution, a president may enter into a legally binding treaty only if it is approved by a two-thirds majority of the Senate.

To sidestep that requirement, President Obama’s climate negotiators are devising what they call a “politically binding” deal that would “name and shame” countries into cutting their emissions. The deal is likely to face strong objections from Republicans on Capitol Hill and from poor countries around the world, but negotiators say it may be the only realistic path.

Obama Pursuing Climate Accord in Lieu of Treaty

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah well since NASA, NOAA and now the Aussie Meteorological Bureau have all been caught manipulating the numbers to "prove" global warming he has to do something. No sane person would buy into these lies.

Plus Obama is an outlaw, we all know laws mean nothing to him. He's a total tool to the globalist elite and will push anything they want regardless of laws or morality.

The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has been caught red-handed manipulating temperature data to show "global warming" where none actually exists.

Australian Bureau of Meteorology accused of Criminally Adjusted Global Warming

edit on 295am4848am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What's with the odd use of quotes?

Also, Obama's in a tough spot. Don't know how he does this without congressional approval, but good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Carbon trading = big bucks. No surprise if he's being funded by it's backers. Was interesting to find out how much my home's carbon output "footprint" is worth in trade shares.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The ball is rolling, this will never ever end. They've found a way to tax us for breathing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Look I'm all about cutting pollution.

Not that the man made global warming thing isn't haoky enough.....Obama actually thinks with his proven track record of weak foreign policy and lack of follow through, that other countries are going to give two flying craps what the hell he says? Name and shame?

The only shaming here is Obama shaming himself. No world leaders take him seriously.

China and Putin are going to look at him like he's a petulant child and pay him on the head and keep on doing what they are doing

Lol this president is so damn clueless i could almost feel sorry for him. But his ego mania balances that out.....

Stupid. And just another way to pull in more revenue.

This admin can't even get a website to work for our new health care. And the IRS is on the world stage shown in all it's glory for it's corruption. And we want the world to buy I to the US running something like this?

Nope pass.....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask I don't think he's clueless at all. I think he knows exactly what he's doing, and doing it quite well.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

American negotiators are instead homing in on a hybrid agreement — a proposal to blend legally binding conditions from an existing 1992 treaty with new voluntary pledges. The mix would create a deal that would update the treaty, and thus, negotiators say, not require a new vote of ratification.

Interesting. It seems as though they would not need to ask congress as it would be an addition to an already-existing treaty. I'm not sure if I like that at all.

Anyway, I wonder what other options Obama has. The Republicans are against everything unless it's their idea and they don't care about the environment one bit.

They would rather make a buck than to make sure the air and water is clean for future generations. So this is a catch 22.

Either we do something to keep cutting pollution, or we let the Republicans stand in the way of any progress whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

What you don't seem to realize is that cap and trade has NOTHING to do with "cleaining the air"... CO2 is not toxic at the levels we have now, and even at double today's level it would not even come close to being toxic. Take as an example, the average air conditioning building has an excess of 1,000ppm level of CO2, meanwhile the average level globally is at 400ppm. Going after CO2 is not going to clean up the real toxic chemicals in the air, or that is being dumped into rivers, lakes and oceans.

This has NOTHING to do with "taking care of the environment" but it has EVERYTHING to do with "controlling Americans". Obama and his thugs know very well that other countries will not give a damn about his "name and shame tactics" that's just another excuse to implement more controls on the American people.

new topics

top topics

join