It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0 - A little about the show, Obama, Sheriff Joe, and more...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just got through watching it, and I loved it! Either use profanity and don't bleep it, or don't use profanity at all. I hate bleeps! A bit more info on some of the topics you go over would be great. The scrolling feed is fine as long as it stays small and doesn't get in the way. Maybe a followup post with links to some of the scrolling news stories?

All said and done, great idea and congrats on the first test!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've always liked your work ATSMP

Fight the good fight, don't worry too much on feedback, put yourself forward the way you want let those that like what you say follow, and those that don't just slip away.
We never keep everyone happy, just be natural to your own style.
edit on 27-8-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments one and all. It's very helpful and has given us lots of ideas for improvements and additions.

Also, please feel free to offer suggestions for topics we should cover.

Relatively soon, there will be a dedicated NLBS forum here on ATS, until then, use the show thread(s) to offer your suggestions. Our research "team" is rather limited.

edit on 27-8-2014 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I enjoyed the show as well and will be watching for more for sure! Everything seemed on point, the rating idiotic moves is a good idea! It is what it is and I like it for that reason alone. Cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I liked it.

Short, to the point. The cursing is there and I would also agree with others that if you're going to swear as much...why semi censor it?

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm just replying to your video.

Everything looked good to me!
I was thinking it was going to be bs before I started watching, but by the end of the 5 minutes, it was not the bs I thought I was going to be watching and I don't have to ask for that 5 minutes of my life back...

lol

Only suggestion,
You need a disco ball light above your head for the high ranking BS on your scale.

In other words,
I loved it!

No negative feedback.
But then I am easily amused.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
Thanks for the comments one and all. It's very helpful and has given us lots of ideas for improvements and additions.

Relatively soon, there will be a dedicated NLBS forum here on ATS, until then, use the show thread(s) to offer your suggestions. Our research "team" is rather limited.

I was finally able to watch the video and I have to say that it was well done! You looked a bit nervous, but who wouldn't be when your plastering your face out there for all to see?

Can I make a few friendly suggestions? Not being critical.....just wish to share my observations.

I see that you are using a Blue Yeti. Have two of them and I love em, but those condenser units can be touchy. I suggest adding a pop filter to smooth-out your sound and take away some of the "pops". If you are going to leave the mic in front of you, I would tilt it back a bit more and make sure it's on the cardioid setting. For a different setup, attach it to a boom stand and place the mic above you with the omnidirectional setting. That will allow you to take more advantage of the foam sound insulation in the room......possibly giving you more of a "studio" sound. Depending on the sound in the room, you could play with one of the 4 settings a Yeti provides.

Again just suggestions. I look forward to future videos and if you ever need help with a project, holler at me.

edit on 8/27/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS I thought it was great,i will be following along with you.
The title definitely sums it up,good choice there eh ! Keep at it and it will start flowing from you like a river.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So not going to say much other than quoting this.

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

So am I to assume that I am correct in saying that this T&C no longer applies because it seems like the owners and mods are embracing it with this video.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We have, and will continue to consider minor refinements to the profanity restrictions in the Terms and Conditions. For example… at the time of writing that section, SH#T and BULLSH#T were not allowed on basic cable TV shows (like from FX, TNT, etc.). And, there has been some allowance after 9PM for over-the-air networks.

But it should be noted that we're not "saying" those in text on the site -- yet. It's limited to video and obscured graphics.
edit on 27-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yessss!!! I can finally post my one man re-enactment of Scarface. Where I play every role and say every swears.

As the rights and wrongs of the rules of language evolve, that is a sensible policy to have. I do not understand why people do not understand.....that.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I just want to be clear, I am not complaining.

I just think if the T&Cs need to be changed then change them

but if you are sticking with 15b in its current form the as ATS owners and Mods stamping approval of this video you are also endorsing the use of profanity. You cannot say members cannot use the "S H I one T" word yet have a video endorsed by ATS posted on ATS with all the mods and owners backing that is full of the use of that curse word and the use of some other colourful language.

It is not consistant.

If you would not allow a member to actually write down "this is bullsh@t" (which is net speak and against T&C) with out the need for self censoring then it should not be allowed in ATS videos posted up on the site.

It just comes across like one rule for you guys one rule for the rest.

I personally think that ATS should have more tolerance for profanity so if you are saying that there could be a change on its way I would welcome it.
edit on 27-8-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I loved the video, and you reminded me of one of those WWF wrestlers who shout at their opponents before a match.

I wasn't bothered about the swearing, although could live without it.
I didn't like the meter thing and ratings at all to be honest. Sorry.
Seemed a bit childish for a show exposing BS, but hey, everyone else seemed to like it, just my opinion.
You also need to speak slower when saying ATS.com!! You said it real quick.
Will definitely be watching again! Wished it was about 10 minutes a show though.

(Oh, and you have better hair than me. That's just not right!
)

Look forward to the next one!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We're working on the script for the next episode now... it's a bit explosive.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ooh, is that a teaser? It's gotta have weapons, guns, or bombs in it then if your wording was a hint. 'Explosive'

Unless you mean more F words!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Maybe its about a new super secret government bomb that is propelled by the power of swears, that explodes and releases shrapnel carved with the F word.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don't care what it is. Just looking forward to it.

So has this replaced that Don't Tread On Me media thing then? Has that been scrapped? Haven't seen anything new from him in a while, although I only watched one. Wasn't keen to be honest.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Would like to hear how they the bullsheeters, are trying to sell these so called truths too the masses. People need educating on what is being done to manipulate. What is being sold and why. Loved the show...................you have a way with words.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

So am I. I can easily see this evolving into something really special. I was not trying to make fun of what you said. I was playing off of what you said to make fun of the people who dislike swears. And want everyone to conform to their standards.

edit on 27-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

I beg to differ on your research team. There are a lot of people right here on ATS that can help if only asked too. They are located all over the world. Some of the smartest people I have had the privilege of reading.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join