It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Media Hysteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Open your eyes, people... "news" isn't news anymore. It's a ratings game -- and we're all pawns in this money-hungry scheme. Big media hysteria has kicked into high-gear as of late and I take on those stories that have spun out of control. Check out the episode below and let me know if you agree or disagree with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thats why we need to throw tvs into the trash can and get to the streets and turn this around we need to put the technology down for a while get off our arses and kick it into high gear!!a reply to: JesseVentura

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Great Clip Jesse! I don't watch TV and haven't for years because of all the Bull Sh _- that you mentioned!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Alternative Media whores also thrive in these times. It's easy to sway the masses to a certain belief system isn't it?

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Governor,

Just watched 'The Running Man' recently (again). I've always enjoyed your part in the film--namely how your character refuses to go out and hunt down Ben Richards. Also, "I ain't got time to bleed" is among my favorite movie quotes. That said, every story the mainstream media publishes is comparable to narrative beats, dialogue and plot points from any novel. Each developing story is a novel or so it seems; with each daily update to a given "ongoing crisis" just another advancement of the plot.

We Americans are addicted to finding out what happens next, who was involved and the truth of all the concatenated scenes and chapters. Any aspiring novelist can tell us that for any work of fiction to captivate and hook readers, the plot must ask a question near the opening and then delay its answer for three or four hundred pages all the while hinting at the outcome with tidbits just juicy enough to tantalize. Building suspense, rising tension, playing with emotion and then hitting readers over the head with a ten ton twist--that is what the major media outlets do to us--and our fascination with their daily plot updates makes them filthy rich. The truth ... I doubt it pays as well.

Speaking to the Off The Grid Episode, while I enjoyed it, perhaps more objectivity and less relation to how a topic has personally affected you might dress it up a bit. Otherwise, It's good to see that you're still out there doing what you can to expose or draw attention to the powers that be; the powers that slide their fingers into our minds.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Most of us on ATS recently witnessed the MSM being a tool of the govt. Simply reporting what it was told to report, not what we watched streamed live actually occur.

When the media reports lies because they don't do investigative journalism anymore that's an issue. When people at home can do research quickly and verify the media is lying that's an issue.

Certain things should not be a business. Schools, Hospitals, Media. When these fall to corruption or prey to be used as tools by TPTB its the everyday person that gets hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I watch TV, but don't watch almost any ads (clicker at the ready). There's some really good stuff out there mixed in amongst the rubble.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I never finish those books. Other books keep my attention much better.

originally posted by: AphoticJoe

Governor,

Just watched 'The Running Man' recently (again). I've always enjoyed your part in the film--namely how your character refuses to go out and hunt down Ben Richards. Also, "I ain't got time to bleed" is among my favorite movie quotes. That said, every story the mainstream media publishes is comparable to narrative beats, dialogue and plot points from any novel. Each developing story is a novel or so it seems; with each daily update to a given "ongoing crisis" just another advancement of the plot.

We Americans are addicted to finding out what happens next, who was involved and the truth of all the concatenated scenes and chapters. Any aspiring novelist can tell us that for any work of fiction to captivate and hook readers, the plot must ask a question near the opening and then delay its answer for three or four hundred pages all the while hinting at the outcome with tidbits just juicy enough to tantalize. Building suspense, rising tension, playing with emotion and then hitting readers over the head with a ten ton twist--that is what the major media outlets do to us--and our fascination with their daily plot updates makes them filthy rich. The truth ... I doubt it pays as well.

Speaking to the Off The Grid Episode, while I enjoyed it, perhaps more objectivity and less relation to how a topic has personally affected you might dress it up a bit. Otherwise, It's good to see that you're still out there doing what you can to expose or draw attention to the powers that be; the powers that slide their fingers into our minds.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Most of us on ATS recently witnessed the MSM being a tool of the govt. Simply reporting what it was told to report, not what we watched streamed live actually occur.

When the media reports lies because they don't do investigative journalism anymore that's an issue. When people at home can do research quickly and verify the media is lying that's an issue.

Certain things should not be a business. Schools, Hospitals, Media. When these fall to corruption or prey to be used as tools by TPTB its the everyday person that gets hurt.

RECENTLY????

Where have you been?

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
With my nose in books honestly. I only discovered ATS because it repeatedly came up when researching.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Corporate media has and always will be a propaganda tool for the masses.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This topic couldn't possibly be any more timely on ATS.

The only thing I disagreed with is the part about the ratings game.

I believe the ratings game is just another spin on the mythical Hegelian trap.

In reality, all it is a 'bread and circus' Punch & Judy show.

FYI Governor, the video would only play for a few minutes for me although it's probably because of a NoScript plugin I would guess.

I tried to watch it on the Ora.tv site but the ads were just too frustrating to deal with.

Any chance of transcripts being available for the shows in the future?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It is not the messenger it is the message that is the key and until we see this simple fact the world will never change for the better.

Truth is subjective........Facts are not. Messengers come and go the message can live on forever. How ironic this post is when you apply this simple fact. Many messengers want people to buy into the notion that the messenger is somehow more important than the message itself.....WHY?

It is easy to tear down messengers and sadly the message will fall with them. Take a step back and ask yourself if this post falls into that category?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I fully agree. Nice discussion. Unfortunately a lot of even Alt media to the conversational pieces are caught up in it's circus without minding that it is there for divisional purposes according to who is funding it. Or that we see now days different sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Said it before and i will say it again...

It is ALL lies.

order of things

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty

new topics

top topics

join