It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

All that would be true of a
holographic simulation

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

What do you call the people who bound by genetics to look to, or worship a creator? Are they subhumans, or mutants?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Our entire universe could be simulated with some simple rules and a couple of basic particles to start with. Like the quote in my sig says, everything comes from hydrogen, which is a proton and electron.

It shouldn't be too long before we have enough computing power to run a detailed enough universe simulation ourselves. Then we would be a simulation that has created a simulated universe. Maybe our simulators are themselves in a simulation and so on. And maybe the intelligences that emerge in our simulation go on to produce their own simulation. At the top of this chain of simulation there might be some computing hardware in a real universe that runs the original simulation and all the sub simulations.

Food for thought....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

Our entire universe could be simulated with some simple rules and a couple of basic particles to start with.

Why do so many confuse holographic theory with simulation?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know. And I just did it !

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
space, time ,
and our perception of reality ,
is just that . .... our perception .
The illusion of physical existence within
the confines of a dynamic universe ,
is certainly possible .
An illusion so complete ,as to be real
I guess ya find out when ya die ....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I think people need to come up with wacky idea's so their department receives funding grants. I wonder if this "matrix" theory existed before the movie came about. I'm pretty open minded but this is to weird even for me.

Sounds more like The Thirteenth Floor to me than the matrix. That there is a "real" world out there which has created this one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join