It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help. Christmas+girl=what to get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
im stumped guys. im a guy, and wanna get my really close friend something cool for Christmas who is a girl. what should I get her? nothing fancy and expensive, and no jewlery, candy, flowers please, and no cars. lol- what can I get her thats unique and special and somethin she will really appreciate for Christmas. ehhh, this is lame, I searched the internet, but found nothing, what would she like? I no she will like anything I get her cause its from me, so give me suggestions other wise im
:-/ hehe.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let the love king help you out muahah lol, whats she into sports wise, hobby wise?? we shall work from there grasshopper

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh for shame, yermom! You could have posted in a thread i began especially for such quandries.

That being said, please answer the following questions about this girl "friend" you are getting a gift for.

fill out as much as you can and I will do my best to help you.

1)price range
2)her age
3)hobbies? special interests? nerdy habbits? :
4)what are some of her favorite books, musicians,movies tv shows?
5)do you have any little inside jokes with her?? what?
6)list all of her favorite things that you know about (reflect on past conversations etc) and write them down to help you answer 2-5

then here is a little more advice.

When in doubt make a mixed bag o goodies. Chicks like variety, thought and cute little silly things. Despite popular concensus, girls are not into pricey gifts. The reason why they may seem so is they are into guys who put effort/thought into pleasing them. We are all spoilt princesses deep down.

some ideas for this mixed bag o goodies

candles/incense/aromatherapy stuff from a store like whole foods

unique cutesy little candy and toys you can get from a chinese or japanese variety store (go browsing chinatown if near one)

anything with unique quirky packaging.

a cd or book she may like

(when in doubt funny goes a long way)

even handmade mixtapes (though i warn you mix tapes=looooove)

If you are already "more than friends" then you can get more personal and delve into the areas of something she would wear (sweater or necklace) etc

assuming you are not

Funky fun room decore is a nice semi personal-but not crossing the line gift. Do you have an urban outfitters or something around?? If not go to the website and browse the housewears. Perhaps a cute drink mixing set or a lamp and talking goofball gag toy.

if you still are undecided please post more info about her and yourself... ie-write me a brief bio so i can get a sense of her vibe/tastes and the relationship-appropriateness of it all....

Yea you are lucky I saw this. Your welcome!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
oh and i forgot to add, if you are afraid she will read this you can u2u me the answers to the questions I posted. I will help you out here. This is my finest area! I also know a lot of good online shopping resources once we narrow down the search fields. Yes, yermom, you may breathe a sigh of relief. Duh Squared is here.

also adding- I have a lot of other ideas for gifts.... but they are residing on the "what shes into" territory. But example

arty?? a nice sketch pad and pen/pencil set? Maybe some watercolors or a craft kit??

Into cooking? A candy-making kit. A cookbook. Some kitchen wares?

Is she over-worked/stressed out?? a gift certificate for a massage? A relaxation kit of some kind (sound machine, aroma therapy kit, zen garden, fung shui book and plant etc etc)

well I will leave you with this for now. Feel free to get back to me for more specifically catered ideas.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by duh squared]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you are really close and like to make kinky gag gifts....go to your nearest adult store, lol...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
personally...I like to give my best friend those new Taco Bell packets that have words on them...(she's the one that I posted about in "2 1/2 years is a long time...")

she's always saying "Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me!" whenever we're going out to do something fun...so I was definately surprised when I found a Taco Bell sauce packet that said "Pick Me! Pick Me!" on it...so I got it for her...it was the third of such kind for her from me...

the first two were "Single Hot Sauce, looking for friendship maybe more" (or something to that effect)...and the other was "...you can go ahead and say it, I love you too"

so when she transfers to a school 2,000 miles away, I will include a little Taco Bell packet in every letter I send...and 'asala' mentioned that I should also give her something personal that she can hold whenever she misses me (which is Deva Ju, because I know I've posted that 'asala' said to get her something she could hold before...wow, just thought of that...this life is definately on repeat...) which is a good idea...depending upon the level and type of your relationship...

top topics

join