It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Elio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is an interesting new car that's supposed to start being sold in Louisiana
on September 1st of this year. I'd like to know what everybody thinks about it, this car could be the next big thing.The first link is to the main page, the second is to a downloadable pdf file.

www.eliomotors.com...

www.eliomotors.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been looking at it all year. Great price and gas milage. I am pretty sure you need a motorcycle license but that's probably a good thing since it probably handles a bit different than a car. I want one. I am getting to beat up to ride my enduro and this car gets better gas milage anyhow.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It'll definitely be worth it for a single person's work car or for a road trip car with you and yours.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I want one too!

Why do you need a motorcycle license? I don't like the way it looks but you can't beat any of the economic features.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Apparently it may be classified as a motorcycle, like the Canam Spyder unless I'm mistaken you'd need a motorcycle license. I did just read a piece in the Seattle Times that said you wouldn't need a motorcycle license but we'll see.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Pretty cool little car. The first thing that comes to mind is "Damn, I would hate to be in that thing and be involved in a wreck with anything bigger than a bicycle!"

I hope that these sorts of ideas start to catch on a little faster than we are currently seeing. We have companies like Tesla and even big auto makers going the route of electric powered vehicles, but the price margin is out of the reach of most average people. I have seen a few videos of people modifying their own cars to run on gas vapor, I would love to experiment with it but I only have my daily driver and can't afford to have it down for any amount of time.

Here's a diesel powered car from Opel that averaged 140mph and 113mpg.

S&F for sure!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
Pretty cool little car. The first thing that comes to mind is "Damn, I would hate to be in that thing and be involved in a wreck with anything bigger than a bicycle!"
Yes it looks like a great idea, but, safety could be a concern. It looks safer than a motorcycle, but not as safe as a compact car. The price is also better than a Prius!

But frankly this is all a lot of people need to get around. 3/4 of the cars I see driving around have only one person in them anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
all the big trucks on the road in the south....why would you risk your life in one of these?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
all the big trucks on the road in the south....why would you risk your life in one of these?

Hell even a compact car would probably obliterate something like this. I'm in the south and I drive a truck...but some of the trucks around here would easily drive right over a normal sized truck (no lift, etc). We have bumper height laws but it doesn't seem like they are enforced very strictly.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of the VW XL1 concept car...
The problem with this cars is, that you don't have a big target market, since you lack room and space.
I could see somebody saying "perfect for small trips to the city", but where to you put your groceries etc.
The only reason to buy it would be to drive to work and back.
For other reasons there are better cars that are even smaller, like a Smart.
These cars have no future and are just a bridge between now and the technology that has yet to come.

Probably most cars sold here in Germany would be really economic for the average mid-west US truck driver.
The fact is, that US cars are not efficient and your gas prices are a joke compared to EU gas prices, but I see more and more Americans begin to realize that they might ne a more efficient car.
edit on 21-8-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
This is an interesting new car that's supposed to start being sold in Louisiana

on September 1st of this year.

I am hopeing to have the 100 that they want for a reservation before the end of the month.
I missed the Delorian in the 80's.
I hope that they succed in getting this off the ground.

When do they think the first one will roll off the line.

PS: It works well in Snow!

- Watcher

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Great price. Looks decent.

If only it had a back window...

new topics

top topics

join