It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is happening!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl

Originally posted by Channy
i cant stand moths, they are soooooooo annoying, especially hovering around clothes, lights etc. this year has definitely less!
maybe im swotting too many of them causing them be extinct?

So then, how does it feel to singlehandedly kill off a species?

well... maybe you shouldn't answer that. I'm sure somebody will mourn their loss.

I realise thats a joke, but never the less. Eventually folk will mourne the loss of even small creatures as these. The extinction of a species has impact all the way up the food chain. a moth or bug that pollinates a certain plant becomes extinct, less of that plant, less of the species that feed on them, less of the species that feed on those, and so on, all the way up to us.
Those who see no signaficance in our enviromental impact are fooling themselves. we change the world in so many ways that other species must adapt or die out. We are a destructive (self destructive too) race, we alter the enviroment to suit us instead of the other way round, and to hell with the other billion species that share the world. selfish @#$%^& we are!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know, the only way I can handle some things like that is by finding some way to humor myself. In the end we all pay for things we do, so when people are making stupid choices don't worry, it will come back to them.

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by blanketgirl

Originally posted by Channy
i cant stand moths, they are soooooooo annoying, especially hovering around clothes, lights etc. this year has definitely less!
maybe im swotting too many of them causing them be extinct?

So then, how does it feel to singlehandedly kill off a species?

well... maybe you shouldn't answer that. I'm sure somebody will mourn their loss.

I realise thats a joke, but never the less. Eventually folk will mourne the loss of even small creatures as these. The extinction of a species has impact all the way up the food chain. a moth or bug that pollinates a certain plant becomes extinct, less of that plant, less of the species that feed on them, less of the species that feed on those, and so on, all the way up to us.
Those who see no signaficance in our enviromental impact are fooling themselves. we change the world in so many ways that other species must adapt or die out. We are a destructive (self destructive too) race, we alter the enviroment to suit us instead of the other way round, and to hell with the other billion species that share the world. selfish @#$%^& we are!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
of the human race with a bottle filled with yeast, water and corn sugar. He said that human were the yeast and that they would consume, consume and consume until they drown in their own excrement. Today I have to say from what I see, he was right!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
pretty smart granfather

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I live in Ottawa, Canada, and we have INCREDIBLE amounts of squirrels. This year, however, none of them really went into hibernation until a week ago or so....they were frolicking all over the deep snow and ice, and that was just an unfamiliar picture. They usually go into hibernation much earlier, before the first snows usually.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe they are just returning to the way things used to be. For example in Yellowstone they reintroduced wolves. The Elk now stay away from streambeds where the wolf habitat is. Now because the Elk stay away from the riverbeds they don't eat the wildflowers around there. With more flowers more insects and birds will arise.

So change isn't always a bad thing

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
has anyone thought the same as me as of late loads of species seem to be dieing out!!! and acting differently this is on a mass scale it seems to be affecting moths here in england as there numbers keep falling aslo (around the world) insects birds all sorts seem to be dissapearing is this due to hunting no
i think its got to do with climate change if their is such a thing

Also animals are begining to act different some owls are using dung to trap dung beatles all sorts of things and humans diseases are also increasing are we witnessing a mass evolution of species or extinction?

links

www.earthchangestv.net/

P.S. look in breaking biology news page two this site is full of info

i believe that humans posess the same genetics that amimals have to sense whats going on in the world around them, but over the years religion has supressed us, we no longer feel what they feel, sense what they sense, they feel something is wrong, something big, thats why most of the deaths from the asian tsunami were human deaths. we could have saved alot more lives if we used the instincts we were born with.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l
I live in Ottawa, Canada, and we have INCREDIBLE amounts of squirrels. This year, however, none of them really went into hibernation until a week ago or so....they were frolicking all over the deep snow and ice, and that was just an unfamiliar picture. They usually go into hibernation much earlier, before the first snows usually.

I'm an hour north of you. Same thing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join