It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK HOMEGROWN JIHADISTS fighting for ISIS...and TURKEY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
While the British government estimates there is 500 British grown jihadist fighting for ISIS and 250 have already returned back to the UK. Other estimates are that there is most likely close to 2000 of them and 1000 have returned back to the UK.
The British government has a hard time to track these fighters as they take a plane to Istanbul and from there they take a bus to Syria. They say more needs to be done.
Mail Online

So that's in the UK, but similar numbers could very well apply to major European countries, we are talking about thousands Jihadists who return back. Britain has been able to reveal 23 passports this year to prevent them to travel to the War Zone. WOW only 23 !!!

So it seems like there is a path they take to get there and this path is through Turkey. This kind of mass movement cannot be unnoticed by Turkey government.. We are talking about thousands fighters around the EU travelling through Turkish borders ...There is something fishy about this. Turkey has taken a few steps back to older ages and pretty much become more fundamentalist than never before, this also shows in Presidential elections they had and very conservative Erdogan won.

Thoughts about Turkey´s involvement ?
edit on 21-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My BS meter doesn't even know what to do..

Seriously, pull your head out of the propaganda and take a healthy breath of reality.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All the Brits I talked to have been telling me for years how out of control Islam and Muslims have become in the UK. They are handled with kid gloves while bringing street sharia enforcement and intolerance to all other religions around them. It was long ago time to say no more and show them the iron fist inside the velvet glove.
If you are allowed to do these things in Britain with little or no consequence why not go to the desert and act like some petty king?
What should really bother you about jihadists from the UK is that they are planning on coming back to the UK...this time to rule.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

ISIS is not a poor group, they already have over 90 oil wells in Iraq and they sell cut rate to Syria and Turkey...also extortion money and what is looted is in billions.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka Also, don't forget the bank robberies and ransom. They asked for millions in ransom for the journalist they just beheaded, so keep in mind that their "hand of god", holier than thou, self-righteous religiousity has a price tag on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The government knows about it, and probably knows who, where they went and if they returned. They reportedly said there ''weren't the resources'' for tracking any that returned.

The UK has an army and vast unemployed that could be put to use and if MI6 etc are too 'understaffed' then they need to act and make sure there are the resources for the sake of national and international security.

Anything other than that is tantamount to collaboration. That is if they aren't involved in it in the first place.

edit on 21-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

These kids are not as religious as you would think they are when they join ISIS, but while they are there they take a part of such a violence which makes Spanish Inquisition look like boy scouts. Even the base of being radical is there before attending the fights and when you put the brainwashing element in the mix with violence you will get full grown terrorist. Sad but that's how it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

People should be trained to deal with the issue, which is a very good idea. Without decent training and understanding where the line is (not all tourists are Jihadists) it can go worse.
No EU country were prepared for this and it might be too late.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Apparently around 100 Canadians are there to, I just don't understand what could make them want to go over and fight for them. There parents probably came over to get away from that mess and assimilate there family into our culture yet they have seemed to disassimilate themselves. Where did we go wrong? What happened to make them want to become extremists? Also I heard on the news ISIS is recruiting "misfits" from around the world, basically people with extremist views like neo nazis, etc. This has me worried, I feel there are a lot of people in 1st world countries who feel they don't belong and have developed a "victim mentality', something must be done.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Jefferton

ISIS is not a poor group, they already have over 90 oil wells in Iraq and they sell cut rate to Syria and Turkey...also extortion money and what is looted is in billions.

I was talking about this today with somebody and told them the same fact about ISIS. but i was asked a fair enough question in response...

How exactly do ISIS sell petroleum from their wells? dothey have a bank account and wire transfer (big corp style)? do they ask for the weight in gold, lol? do get trade for other goods? or simply cash in hand???

how on earth do ISIS 'sell' their oil?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

No, that has to be a lie! Considering all the inane posters here on ATS that claims no Muslim anywhere can possibly be a threat! (Rolling eyes.)

Every European country has this issue now. Muslims "seek refuge" from these places, yet go back on vacations and to support terrorism by partaking in war. Now think that these idiots will return having seen and done what they have to small Euro countries and the hell they can (and possibly will) release.

Islam is so harsh and straightforward that they don't care who they piss off or insult. We in the west have been virtually brainwashed to be the exact opposite. Can't say or do anything lest we "upset some poor minority"!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind that I address the title of your OP rather than Turkey's involvement. In terms of the numbers you present, I also feel that so many are disillusioned young men in their twenties, some of whom are quite well educated. I would like to know if this whole problem with young males is being addressed, and how. I also wonder if there is a personal fame value in having gone to fight and how their families and communities react to their going as well as how they react after they return home.

We see how in the US people thank veterans for their service, even though their service involves killing and waging war and how most families express pride in their offspring who are service members.

For me as a mother who was raised with a sensitivity to the horrors of war, no matter on which side people fight, I steered my children away from any glory associated with it. I appreciate that some will cite an example of instances where defense is needed. However what is the sickness in the community that encourages people to think that there is glory associated with being tougher and baser than the opposition forces?

We have reached the lowest point in our humanity when both sides justify their baseness, using torture and cruel methods of disrupting any sense of peace humanity so much wants.

edit on 21-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Oil revenues Ediboglu said: “$800 million worth of oil that ISIS obtained from regions it occupied this year [the Rumeilan oil fields in northern Syria — and most recently Mosul] is being sold in Turkey.

They have laid pipes from villages near the Turkish border at Hatay. Similar pipes exist also at [the Turkish border regions of] Kilis, Urfa and Gaziantep. They transfer the oil to Turkey and parlay it into cash.
They take the oil from the refineries at zero cost. Using primitive means, they refine the oil in areas close to the Turkish border and then sell it via Turkey. This is worth $800 million.”

Is Turkish intelligence helping fighters? Ediboglu further stated: “Fighters from Europe, Russia, Asian countries and Chechnya are going in large numbers both to Syria and Iraq, crossing from Turkish territory. There is information that at least 1,000 Turkish nationals are helping those foreign fighters sneak into Syria and Iraq to join ISIS. The National Intelligence Organization (MIT) is allegedly involved. None of this can be happening without MIT’s knowledge.”

LINK

There has always been Black Market in war zones, they will always find a way.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

You are reading wrong, it was never mentioned that all Muslims are a threat. My sister in law is engaged to Muslim boy and i don´t see him as a threat. But if he would go and join the fights he would be, but I doubt he would join as he is not an idiot.
The problem is quite frankly that some of these kids feel themselves outsiders and have identity crises... And ISIS is gladly exploiting this.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I just don't understand what could make them want to go over and fight for them.

Think about it, he is ugly, revolting... grows up in western world see beautiful girls and cant get nuttin. Then he sees ISIS soldiers, equally as ugly and revolting as him marrying 10 yr old virgins, has nothing to lose and decides to go all out!

It makes sense really....

What doesnt make sense is why we havent introduced them to oppenheimer yet!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the many uk-resident returnees from jihadist traing camps and the war zone(s), and those in other countries, are potentially a ( thus far unexploded ) bomb.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Wow. Sowing fear? What you will reap are draconian measures that prevent travel, and imprison "free" individuals in their own countries. Not to mention document checkpoints and more.

Oh wait, that already happened in the 20th Century, it was called Stalinism.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: abe froman

These kids are not as religious as you would think they are when they join ISIS,

They better be, apostacy is punishable by beheading.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Estimates are not done by me.. So take a try of nonbiased reading. The question was about Turkey involvement. What Turkey has done to avoid using its borders for thousands to join this terrorist group.. answer is NOTHING. Why and What Turkey is hiding ?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
Apparently around 100 Canadians are there to, I just don't understand what could make them want to go over and fight for them. There parents probably came over to get away from that mess and assimilate there family into our culture yet they have seemed to disassimilate themselves. Where did we go wrong? What happened to make them want to become extremists? Also I heard on the news ISIS is recruiting "misfits" from around the world, basically people with extremist views like neo nazis, etc. This has me worried, I feel there are a lot of people in 1st world countries who feel they don't belong and have developed a "victim mentality', something must be done.

Where did we go wrong? Probably keeping up this sharade of a dominator society which has stratified us through socioeconomics. ISIS is a symptom of this society.

You don't like it? I suggest we start thinking up a new game to play before its too late. Although it is likely much too late at this point. Most are asleep at the wheel "buying" into all this BS and enjoying the illusion of western capitalist liberal democracy. Where it only exists if a majority of others arent enjoying the same quality of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join