It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cell Shaped" Structure Found in Mars Meteorite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
IMHO we'll send a probe to Mars and test for life in < 25 years and won't find it, disappointing many hopefuls and also resulting in a very rushed program of shoddy and limited Mars colonization, alongside some moon habitats. None of which will be very successful. Most of the interest will be spent on earth orbiting space stations and new forms of radiation shielding.

More like 6 years. next NASA probe is set to launch in 2020, and life is a main mission.

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I can tell you they won't find it unless they plan to dig deep every square meter of the planet. Curiosity did some measurements recently and they tell us only time Mars may have supported life was long ago.

No big deal. We're only talking about microscopic or fossilzed things here.

There're so many moons that could harbor some life.

I swtill think we won't find any anywhere for 1000's of years. Everybody expects to find it and that's our error: it won't happen that way.
edit on 24-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I can tell you they won't find it unless they plan to dig deep every square meter of the planet. Curiosity did some measurements recently and they tell us only time Mars may have supported life was long ago.

No big deal. We're only talking about microscopic or fossilzed things here.

There're so many moons that could harbor some life.

I swtill think we won't find any anywhere for 1000's of years. Everybody expects to find it and that's our error: it won't happen that way.

I agree it won't be found on Mars. Just saying the search starts soon.

<< 1   >>

join