It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea Moves Tanks, Armored Vehicles to Chinese Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Dear leader has more than a few screws loose under that awful hairdo.

I bet the Chinese would love it if he attacked

Give them an excuse to get rid of a sorry example of a "communist"

Also, China needs girls, and North Korea has them!

A win for the Chinese and a win for the world.

South Korea is far better off dealing solely with the Chinese than with someone who pals around with Rodman.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is a JOKE, We all know little junior is just acting like he could do somethin. LIL Kimmy will do absolutely nothing. Big deal, let em point tanks at the border all year round. Kimmy's like a puffer fish, he blows up when his ego is damaged, then he shoots off practice missles and sends tanks to borders. WHO CARES. China knows lil kimmy is a front. Nothin to worry here , just alot of blowin smoke.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
It was all just a little misunderstanding...

Thats a good one, i had a good laugh at that take out.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe they just read their compass wrong and moved to the north instead of the south...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
For further updates...
twitter.com...

pic.twitter.com/ZSk5B8R4mV

edit on 20-8-2014 by LoneRanger91607 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This could be an opportunity for China to take NK down.

If they decided to free the people-they would start becoming one of the good guys.

I'll bite my tongue for the moment regarding my "feelings" about what should happen to Un and his puppet generals.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Things between China and North Korea have not been good for sometime. However, this is just posturing. If I had to guess I would think this is a reminder to China that they had better start treating NK better or they could find yet another hostile border. With tensions between China and Japan, Vietnam, Phillipines high and now tensions between China and India rising after yet another Chinese incursion into Indian territory North Korea thinks that China better play ball and do what it wants or it will join the list of places China a problem with. I expect this will back fire on the NK and China will just ignore them.

Give ME A BREAK

You don't even know if this information is accurate let alone giving your "spin" and viewpoint on how things are.

You claim NK and China relationship is sour.

I say it isn't

there, what now

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

For all you know this is preparation for NK and China military drill. IF EVEN true.

Think more strategically ATS

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CokeIsNotCool

Things between China and North Korea have not been good for sometime. However, this is just posturing. If I had to guess I would think this is a reminder to China that they had better start treating NK better or they could find yet another hostile border. With tensions between China and Japan, Vietnam, Phillipines high and now tensions between China and India rising after yet another Chinese incursion into Indian territory North Korea thinks that China better play ball and do what it wants or it will join the list of places China a problem with. I expect this will back fire on the NK and China will just ignore them.

Give ME A BREAK

You don't even know if this information is accurate let alone giving your "spin" and viewpoint on how things are.

You claim NK and China relationship is sour.

I say it isn't

there, what now

You could do a little thing called research. If you bothered you would find stories starting from the time of Kims death that show the decline in China and North Koreas relashionship. In particular in 2013 with NKs nuclear test upsetting China as Chinas policy for the Korea is no war, no instability, no nukes. North Korea is completely dependent on China. And when China publicy criticizes North Korea it realy upsets them and they pull little stunts. Like in May of 2009 after China made comments about NK, 28 Chinese fisher men were detained by the North Korean navy while China could get not info or comment for days. Then they were returned.

As of late after a meeting between South Koreas leadership and Chinas, North Korea had banners hung in it military acadamy in March that say China is a turncoat and our enemy. This is the third time these have been put up. First in 1992 when China recognized RoK and again in 2009 after China did not support its nuclear tests.

More recently China publicly supported a plan by South Koreas Park who suggested that Korea should be unified with Germany as an example of how it should be done. North Korea claimed this plan was a sinister plot and when China supported it they reinforced their border check points and opened up official talks with Japan whom China sees as one of its biggest rivals.

So North Korea placing forces on its border as a message to China to show its displeasure would not be suprising in the least to anyone who pays attention to that part of the world. So when I say China and North Koreas relashionship is sour you know it is backed by fact. Sorry to embarrass you like this but, you could have done a little research youself and avoided this.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You could do a little thing called research.

I don't trust your research not one word

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CokeIsNotCool
a reply to: grandmakdw

For all you know this is preparation for NK and China military drill. IF EVEN true.

Think more strategically ATS

And if you spent the 15 seconds to read the first line of my post after the article you would note I stated the source has been called into question in the past.

Carry on without reading posts

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
kimmy is probably still trying to get over "team america's" spin on his old man and is looking to blow off steam any way he can.....warning language!! rude words!!

he just reminds me of one of those little fluffy dogs yapping at the big dogs...one day he will get bitten

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
N.Korea Moves Tanks, Armored Vehicles to Chinese Border

North Korea has moved scores of tanks and armored vehicles to an Army corps near the border with China in Ryanggang Province. The 12th Corps, which was established in 2010, is tasked with responding to movements of Chinese troops in an emergency.

A source on Monday said about 80 tanks have been deployed in Ryanggang Province, where there had not been a single one before. The corps has been "turned into an attack force after it has been reinforced" with an armored infantry unit, a unit of multiple rocket launchers, and a special warfare and sharpshooter brigade.

The source attributed the moves to fears that sole ally China could "betray" the North amid increasing pressure on Pyongyang to give up its nuclear program.

The source has been questioned in the past.

If true / accurate we might be seeing the implosion of the N. Korean government. It also suggests relations with China may be a lot worse than whats generally known.

Thoughts

ETA - Im curious if its related to this -
2013 - US officials say military buildup in China related to N. Korea tensions, tanks spotted

Great post, star and flag. However your understanding of why Korea would stack its border with China is completely miscalculated in my humble opinion and I offer my own view on this military exercise.

Chinese interests in a North and South Korea re-engagement are vested mostly in the millions of poor North Korean refugees that would storm into China that a re-igniting of the war would cause. China does not want refugees or the humanitarian crisis that comes with it. The disease, famine, and corruption that comes with such a flood of malnourished refugees is more than China will ever accept. So to keep from upsetting China, but let's be real it's likely at Chinese request, North Korea would have to keep its people from crossing that border. Yes, I'm saying the only reason the North Koreans would stack the their Chinese border is to slaughter their own defectors and refugees as they make a run for the border in a North-South shooting war.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

China has increased their military presence on their border with NK - why?

China recently stopped their oil supply to NK - why?

China is currently protecting Un's brother (one who wanted to go to Disneyworld - why?

Kim jong Il warned china to support his son. Since un took power its been a disaster. The WikiLeaks on the diplomatic cables revealed one dealing with a Chinese ambassador talking about north Korea. He stated china would be fine with a unified peninsula under a soul government provided the US presence did not moved above the 38th parallel. The current generation of Chinese have no love for NK.

I think we are seeing the implosion on Un's rule.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So..That Uncle that Kim Jong-Un recently had executed for not bowing low enough or clapping often enough was N. Korea's man in China...aka..China's go-between/leash on the new boy king.

Not sure what the end game will be, but I suspect the boy will suffer some tragic accident before it get's too out of hand. He has certainly been arresting and executing anyone that looks at him sideways, making planning a coup difficult, but N. Korea's military leaders can't let him start a war with China? Can they?

China might be thinking it's a good time to acquire N. Korea, like Putin acquired Crimea..but there would actually be a lot less outrage, since N. Korea has few allies and China taking them over would actually be a big improvement for N. Korea's populace.

The fuss would be for S. Korea to suddenly have China on their border.

It would be crazy expensive for China though...N. Korea is a very big "Fixer-upper".

edit on 22-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: GenerationGap

China has increased their military presence on their border with NK - why?

The fear that China usually expresses is mass exodus from N. Korea. They already get a steady stream of refugees. If the country implodes they will cross into China En Masse.

But again...what I posted above is possible too.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Look at it this way... Chips from the likes of LG or Samsung keep the electronics production lines rolling, then you have automotive engines or heavy construction equipment from Hyundai, Kia, and Daewoo, etc... All of which I'm sure is very profitable in China. Business is booming, and as long as it can be kept up, the new middle class will tend to stay out of the party politics.

Only thing North Korea has to offer over ROK is raw materials, which China can certainly source and often does source from elsewhere.

From an economic perspective, which side would you rather take if you were China? Yeah I could see why things might sour between China and North Korea.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Can't believe anyone on here noticed this way back in april.

12 Apr 2014

Chinese troops could end up exercising alongside the diggers in Australia's north, perhaps even in conjunction with US Marines. Prime Minister Tony Abbott raised the possibility in the final press conference of his north Asia trade trip in Beijing, declaring these issues had been "well and truly discussed". He said Australia's already strong defence ties with Japan and South Korea had now strengthened further. "Here in China, as a result of this trip, I am now quite confident that we won't just have high level meetings between our respective militaries," he said.
Source

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I know nothing of the situation, but am wondering if there were any action between China and NK would it not by necessity include a nuclear reaction by North Korea, how else would they even think of going against such a large nation?

China military strength Rank 3
www.globalfirepower.com...
NK Military strength Rank 35
www.globalfirepower.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join