It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is a VILE Corporation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am an avid sports fan and enjoy discussing sports on many different sites including my local newspapers site and ESPN and several others. One by one these once quality sites have moved from owning their own account signup to Facebook and its related social plugins. I HATE Facebook. They are a hive of corporate shills and censors and the data mining that goes on there is disgusting.

Now I am an outcast at all kinds of sites I used to have free speech on and the ability to have in depth discussions simply because I won't get a Facebook account. The entire discussion at these sites is now controlled by Facebook. You are automatically subscribed to the responses that THEY choose for you as the best and they are always PC leaning, craptastic positions.

You cannot post anything counter to the controlled discussion because your post will NEVER BE SEEN by anyone as it is buried somewhere. Even if you post something innocuous no one will ever see it unless it gets past the Facebook censors. Facebook has become the Monsanto of social media.

Is THIS what we want? Our entire social discussion controlled by Facebook and other corporate media? Now they even attack independent media as 'non-credentialed' so that citizens cannot hold a position counter to the corporate, agenda driven Government media and be heard.

Does anyone else see Facebook taking over site after site? Even sports sites are controlled. I am so angry I could write a strongly worded letter, but no one will ever see it because Facebook will censor anything non-approved for public consumption.

edit on 2014/8/20 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep!

Everything and everything seems to say "join us on Facebook"!

You know what though, I don't get upset!

I actually feel pretty proud of myself knowing that I am strong enough to not play "their" game.

But your definitely spot on with, "FACEBOOK is a VILE CORPORATION"!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said.

um. . .

I still play Bubble Witch 2 Saga sometimes. . . . .

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry you are just now experiencing this. I've boycotted FB for years so this isn't new to me. It was however very upsetting for me to read that not having an FB could allow you to be considered a terrorist.

I understand that free doesn't actually mean free. I'm all for apps that I can simply give a one time payment for. My person experience with those have not been promising however. If you find any, let me know.

Btw, you need to let those around you know you're boycotting FB. I discovered my neice with my baby pics. I thought it was sweet she wanted it. I was not pleased she got it from FB.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I like
your post.

#Facebookisvile

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Is THIS what we want? Our entire social discussion controlled by Facebook and other corporate media?

In the general media and the mainstream that is exactly what has already happened, there is no "is this what we want" at all...it is what it is.

I haven't used Face(B/F)ook for more than I care to remember. However, it seems to me that you are just missing your friends from certain sites, as many forums exist for the discussion of sport. Perhaps the problem isn't facebook, but rather your need to have these specific sites away from facebook.
The internet is a pretty fast moving game, however user profiles can and often are transferred, even if they can't be, very often personality shows a user's...personality.

Just to be clear I agree with the post, F/(FB) is vile, in the true, latin original sense of the word.
Find new sites would be my advice.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: spelling...as always

edit on 20-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Google has gotten just as bad. If I wanted my grandma to see me behave like a fool I would do it at her house. Not online.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Excellent Post and we could not agree with you more!
My wife was pressured into using Facebook to advertise her Yoga business years ago and I asked her very nicely not to join up.

Years later now we both know how stupid that would have been, We have had the internet since the 14.4k modems and to this day we are socially media wise clean.

No Facebook, No Google anything, No invitations to spy on us ....What shocks us the most is the almost constant news articles about these companies and their not so good intentions, yet people flock to them?

S&F

Regards, Iwinder & YogaGinns

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Google has gotten just as bad. If I wanted my grandma to see me behave like a fool I would do it at her house. Not online.

Totally agree and that is the main reason I switched from GMAIL to GMX. GMX isn't perfect, but they don't have the crappy social media component attached to them that GMAIL does.

Oh, GMAIL/GOOGLE considers any mail from GMX.com to automatically be spam. They say this is because they find that most GMX mail is spam, however, I have my suspicions that it has more to do with messing with their competing service than protecting their customer base.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What better way to control the minds of the public than a massive corporate social media platform with lots of fun games to play! Talk to the friends we suggest, read the latest headlines we want to show you, that way we can get EVERYONE on the same page and agree to what we say best for them! Oh, and we noticed you were looking up taco recipes on Google, Here is the newest thing at Taco Bell.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Not all Facebook users are blind though, use it for what it is,
if you don't want something of yours on the internet, don't put it on.

As I as much outlandish conspiracy drivel on there as I do mainstream media.

There is no real difference with FB and Twitter, it's both user based, both likely data mining
yet one gets more of a pass than the other.

I use twitter to login in to many accounts.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I had a FB account for a whole 2 minutes years ago.

I've never had a second thought about....and guess what!...I'm still alive, still connected to the world including friends and family.

I dont have twitter either

edit on 0329x6703America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Facebook, Amazon, and Google are trying to take over everything on the web. I'm not ANGRY at them for it, but I do resist their efforts. Facebook does have censors, but I have seen "anti" stuff on there. The only thing of mine that got booted off was a picture of a lady in a see-through nighty. A guy put up of video of ISIS shooting people this morning, and they left it up. But beyond Facebook itself, they are expanding into being part of a lot of other sites. Amazon is showing up on unrelated e-commerce sites. There are "Google-trusted" sites. This site includes a certain amount of ads and data-mining, because ATS has to make money, too. But I agree, what Facebook is doing is disturbing. As for Google, I'm seriously considering switching to an encrypted e-mail, not because I'm doing anything wrong, but just to escape their snooping, and the NSA's snooping as well. I also look for alternatives to buying from Amazon, but their safety and reliability are hard to resist. a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can't remember the last time I bothered to open my gmail. I do recall being irritated at an app or commenting of YouTube. I find it amusing to think that my Google account is used on multiple devices by multiple people because my children both use my cast offs.

I hope this messes with googles agarithyms somehow.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To all those who think that only having a FB account for a minute and then not logging in again deletes the account, that is not really true. Unless one asks for FB to delete the account, it will stay on servers for basically ever.
Sorry if this drifts the thread

edit on 20-8-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
S&F for starting this thread.

There is a company that I ordered beads from that has now gone to fb, well since I don't use fb I can no longer access the online catalog. I just don't think that is right...why penalize customers for not being a "sheeple".

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Which, my dear chap, is precisely why I do not have a Facebook account. Wonderfully summed up, and correct in every particular...

S+F

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
use it for what it is,
if you don't want something of yours on the internet, don't put it on.

From what I understand its not that simple!
My friend was forced into having a fb account because of her employment, next thing she knew was her friends had found it and kept linking her to all kinds of stupid stuff, things that she would never even look at are now linked to her via FB. Her friends send her all manner of stupid stuff thinking she too will be interested in it, but she isn't. Now she's fully aware that fb will be building a profile on her, based entirely on what her dumb friends have sent to her!

I've never had an account with them and never will, even those fb buttons that appeared on this site are banished from my screen!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Same as the bs with !
Allow to use your contacts and location ?
Wtfs that all about ?
Really pisses me off !

And ads rammed down your throat ffs !
Might as well have ads on loo roll so they can try doing your head in while snapping a blind eel off !
Please sign in to FB before continuing to take a dump !
edit on 20-8-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I made a page recemtly for my youtube channel, and it's redick how much they want me to whore out my page for money.

I'd like to get more interested, but not at my expense

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join